。thirteen 。

-"You probably do

-
"You probably do."
-

2012

"Hm... This is my most prized possession." Wade muttered, picking up a small figurine and then a Wham! vinyl.

"Wham?" Alina asked, put down since the news of Wade's illness.

"No, no, no." Wade denied. "Wham! Make It Big is the album that George and Andy earned the exclamation point."

"So, am I supposed to smile and wave you out the door?" Alina questioned, Wade packing a bag to leave.

"Think of it like spring cleaning." Wade nodded, walking to the kitchen. "Only if spring was death. God, if I had a nickel for every time I spanked it to Bernadette Peters."

"You probably do." Alina mused, taking the small bag of money from him and moving it, hearing the coins jingle. Wade tried to grab it from her but Alina moved it back, shoving it down her flannel. "Bernadette is not going anywhere, because you're not going anywhere. Drink."

"You're right. Cancer is only in my liver, lungs, prostate and brain. All the things I can live without." Wade remarked, taking the blended, healthy smoothie and sipping it, shivering in disgust.

"You belong here at home. Surrounded by Butt and Plug and your Bernadette, and your me." Alina explained sadly as Wade sat down on their bed.

"Listen, we both know that cancer is a shit-show. Like, a Yakov-Smirnoff-opening-for-the-Spin-Doctors-at-the-Iowa-State-Fair shit-show." Wade told her. "And under no circumstances will I take you to that show. I want you to remember me. Not the ghost of Christmas me."

"I want to remember us. Even if it means I have to hold back your hair while you puke." Alina joked and he smiled at her.

"I swear to God, I will find you in the next life and I'm gonna boom-box Careless Whisper outside your window." Wade said and she sighed. "Wham!"

"No one is boom-boxing shit." Alina decided, sitting next to him and leaning her head on his shoulder. "We can fight this. So can your prostate even though it's sensitive."

"Don't make fun of my prostate." Wade gasped and she chuckled, hugging him tightly.

"I just realised something." Alina mumbled. "You win. Your life is officially way more fucked up than mine."

"Oh, no, I think we're drawing a that game." Wade chuckled.

"Prepare yourself, I'm competitive." Alina joked and lifted her head as he turned to her.

"I love you." Wade whispered and she smiled, kissing him softly, Wade returning it as his hands went to her waist.

{425}