29

"mom, sorry for the late notice, we decided on it last minute"

"it's fine, taehyungie. i'm glad you're bringing friends over. make sure you're a good host and treat them right. should i take your father out tonight?"

"you might wanna..."

"alright, i got you son. you just make sure everyone's having fun"

"yes, ma'am!" he saluted and left the kicthen.

"come on, honey, the kids will be staying over for tonight"

"why are we getting kicked out of our own house?"

"come on, stop complaining. let's go on a late night date!" she said excitedly and how could her husband say no?

"alright. should i take the minivan?"

"oh my god, yes! yes yes yes!"

"go get the blankets, then. i'll prepare some snacks for us. or would you rather we buy something on our way?"

"no, let's take everything from home"

"okay, darling" they shared a kiss before parting ways to prepare for their star gazing date. they used to do this on their teenage years but stopped when life became too much. they would go on simple quick dates whenever they had the time, but now that they got older and money wasn't a problem anymore, they had more time in their hands. so they brought back old memories by reviving them.

"bye, taehyungie! have fun!" his parents shouted before leaving the house.

"okay, does anyone need anything? a drink, maybe? or snacks?"

"taehyung, relax" jin whispered. he knew taehyung was getting anxious and adrenaline was kicking in. after all, it was his first time having so many people over.

"right" he said and took a deep breath.

"wanna watch a movie?" he offered and everyone nodded.

"what genre?"

"thriller!"

"comedy!"

"romance!"

"mystery!"

"science fiction!"

"okay, how about y'all see the cds i have and choose?"

"sounds good"

"we literally have internet and could watch anything they choose, why did you make them choose from the cds?"

"cuz it will be quicker and less troublesome"

"clever"

"i know"