5. Sucker

Kesha's POV

I raised my head and looked at papa. Did he say he has already married Zainab? What the fuck! I looked at my sisters and the rest of the family and noticed that we were all shocked no one saw this coming. We knew he wanted to marry her but his doing it without telling us was a surprise.

"My wives, you now have a co-wife, and we shall all live in this house." Wow, papa, if there's any respect I have for you has been lost.

"Children, you now have a fourth mother, and I expect each of you to respect her as you would any of your mothers."

Go fuck yourself, old man. His two wives sat stunned and angry with their grumpy children, scared to speak. It's as if they were waiting for Aisha and me to say what they want to say. Losers.

"Great! Congratulations, Papa." Sasha said angrily, fixing her spec correctly. He nodded and tried avoiding Aisha's eyes.

"So when is your pequito coming? " I suddenly asked.

Everybody looked at me like they'd seen a ghost.

"What did you just say" papa tried a scary tone on me. Wait, does he still think his choice of tone will keep me mute?

"I said when is your pekito coming?" I asked again. This time I made sure I looked him boldly in the eye.

"Enough! How dare you, Kesha " he shouted furiously.

"Wait. What's wrong? Maybe you don't know papa, but in this generation, we are living, if you marry your daughter's age mate and ex-best friend, she's your pekito. It's a pet name, actually." I said in a carefree manner.

Relaxing my back on the chair like we were in a business meeting and I just gave the perfect explanation. Lisha tried so hard not to laugh. She tilts her head away from papa and the others to control her giggles. And that only made papa frown even more. Gosh, he is ugly. Good thing we all got our mother's look.

"That's enough! If I ever hear that word again, I will deal with you physically," he threatened.

I scoffed, "Jokes on you, old man" I stood up and walked out.

He wouldn't stop me. He wouldn't even dare cause he knows I will say things he can't stand. I heard Aisha congrats him and excuse herself, saying she needed to check on mama.

"Really, pekito?" Aisha asked as she caught up with me on my way to our room.

" it's a Spanish word. I think it means little or describing something less." Aisha raised her brows at me. I shrugged.

" it doesn't matter what it means. Somehow the name suits her," I added. We entered our room, and a few minutes later, Sasha and Lisha walked in.

"On God, I hâte him," said Sasha as soon as she sat on Aisha's bed. I hugged my giant fluffy cat and watched the three of them from my bed.

Lisha was wearing mini jeans with a maroon-coloured shirt. Her short Afro hair was braided into five straight lines downwards on her scalp. She was hugging Aisha's rabbit and looking at us with curious eyes. Her long slim legs folded on each other.

Aisha sitting between her two sisters, already seems lost in her world. She was wearing this beautiful green and white sundress that wasn't too long and, although very comfortable, showed her curves and made her booty even bigger. Her artificial hair was tailed into a pony behind her.

" she's coming tomorrow", Lisha announced.

" how do you know," Sasha asked.

"I heard auntie lee talking with papa yesterday. I heard her telling him that she should come tomorrow. I didn't understand what the conversation was about nor who the 'she' person was until now" Lisha usually calls her namesake auntie lee.

" wow," Sasha removed her lens and started cleaning it with the end of her blouse. She always does that when she's upset. And when she's confused, she takes it off and looks at you like you are some find x problem.

"I can't wait to leave this place", she murmured

"Me too," Lisha agreed.

"Are you ok?" Lisha asked Aisha. She looked so calm and distracted.

"I'm fine," she said and then got off the bed. She loses her ponytail hair and lets it fall on her shoulder. She wore her slippers, took her zebra-striped satchel bag, iPhone, and iPod case, and then told us that she wanted to get some fresh air, so she went for a walk.

"I'm gonna go check up on mom", Sasha announced right after Aisha left. She spends most of her time in mama's room. She's either taking care of mama, reading novels, or watching series on Netflix next to mama. I nodded and watched her leave. That leaves me with Lisha.

"Well, I'm not gonna let papa's news ruin my evening," I told her.

"Me too," she sighed and smiled.

"Come here," I said, and she let go of the rabbit and jumped on my bed.

I hugged her so tight I could smell her hair lotion.

"Oooookay, that's enough", Lisha squished.

"Sorry," I said, grinning.

"So tell me. How's Betty and Miley."

"They are fine. Why" I asked.

" just asked." She bites her lips. I nodded.

"What's betty's brother called again?" She asked.

"Now, Lisha", I raised my brows at her.

"What? I just asked. I mean, he is so handsome, don't you think?" Ughhhhh.

" Alex is his name. ." I said, ignoring her second question.

" Alex. I like him."

"Good for you," I said.

"I mean, I like him for you. Don't you like him, Kesha?"

"Nope," I said without hesitation.

"That was too fast, Kiki", she teases. I rolled my eyes at her.

"He's not my type Lil sister", I bragged. And besides, he doesn't like me at all, was what I should be saying but hell no.

"That's too bad. Had he not been too old, I would have flirted with him," she said.

"Ooo, now, aren't you a bad girl" she giggled and said she was joking, but I didn't let it slip easily. I kept on teasing her about it and asked her about who and who she was flirting with, and she kept on swearing that she was only joking. We laughed and spoke about high school drama and relationship goals. The bond I have with Lisha is impeccable. We share much in common and don't let anything bug us for long. We don't care too much about anything.

———————————————————————————
I know this feels short, buh🥺......Are you getting used to the sha sisters now?😍
The next chapter is about Sasha.....

Feedbacks 😘😘