7. Trouble

Kesha's POV

"You are a cheater."

I grinned as I watched Betty's angry face. We were in her room playing the Ludo game, and I won in five rows.

"You don't mess with your elders' girl. Didn't mama teach you that?" I asked as I positioned myself for another new game. Winning is so fun.

"Nope, I'm not playing " yep, she was angry, and that made me burst out laughing.

"Come on, one more", I insisted, grinning.

"So you can laugh even more. No thanks" she got up from the floor and jumped on her bed.

I couldn't resist the urge to laugh. Imagine someone always laughing at people getting upset. Just one look at their straight face will burst the bubbles in your tummy.

"Stop it, Kesha" she hit me with a pillow which I tried avoiding and ended up flat on the floor.

" Loser", I teased.

"Loser", she mimicked.

"Go fuck yourself", she added.

I got up from the floor and joined her on the bed. She was lying on her tummy, staring at her room door while I lay on my back, staring up at the ceiling.

Betty's room is always a mess. Her clothes were scattered everywhere. Shoes weren't in order, makeup Tools were around, and gum plastics were on the floor. Imagine Betty sharing a room with Sasha or Aisha. There will be war in their room. Smiling, I asked her
" Have you ever thought of moving out"

"Hundreds of times." She confessed

"Why haven't you."

" girl, I can't just move. I need money, and I only get it from here," I sighed, thinking about my plans with my sisters.

"Zainab is coming today," I told her.

"I know " she turned and faced me. Her eyes filled with anger and concern.

"If you wanna burn that mansion down, bitch ama help," she said. I grinned and shook my head. The thought sounded tempting, but Aisha wouldn't let me.

"Are you okay?" Betty held my hand.

"My sisters and I plan on moving out," I told her.

"Wait. What?"
"We don't wanna live there anymore," I told her all our plans and how Aisha was taking care of our needs.

"But I am still trying to convince them to steal that old man's money," I added.

"What?" She asked, sitting on her bed so she could face me.

"It's not like it's his money anyway. It's mama's"

"you want to rob your papa? Kesha, I knew you were crazy but not this crazy," she said, chuckling.

"Seriously? Don't you think he deserves it? That man fucking married Zainab," I said.

"I know, I know", she sighed.

"I know a guy who sells guns, though. He can even give us some full-face masks, too," she said after a long silence.

"What the hell, betty, we don't need those." there's no way my sisters will agree to that.

"Okay, just the mask, then. Just for safety reasons," she insisted.

"I'll think about that," I said, shaking my head at the thought of holding a gun. and she said I was crazy.

"Now we are talking. Girl, this is going to be so much fun."

"You are not going to be part of it, Betty," I said bluntly.