12. Mission accomplished

Aisha's POV

"Is your GPS on?" Mercy asked me.

"Yes. The Uber is on its way" I said. we were on campus sitting in one of the school gardens waiting for the taxi to come and pick us up.

March is my least favorite month of the year because it's always hot and I hated the hot air and my forehead feels like it's been burnt under the sun. I have always heard that in some parts of the world people use umbrellas when it's too hot but I have never seen anyone doing it here. I have been tempted to do it a few times but I'm scared people will laugh at me and think I'm being extra. And pray, for the worst will happen if any of the fling bing squad sees you walking under the sun with an umbrella on your head blocking the sun's rays. You'll be the laughing stock on social media for they are wickedly known for their editing skills. Thank God I am finally done with this university.

"I can't believe it's over," I said to mercy while staring at the neatly folded gown on my lap. My graduation gown and hat. Four long years of hard work. Of midnight studies and stressful classes.

"It's really happening" mercy agreed, grinning.

"What time will the taxi be arriving"

"um, 10 to 20 mins. Depends on the traffic " I said after looking at my phone.

"Will he come for your graduation?" She suddenly asked.

"Who" I looked at her confused.

" Raheem." My heart started racing and I could already feel my cheeks swelling.

"Yes of cause " I pretended not to be moved at all.

"Aaaaaaa look at her blushing. Good lord what charm did this guy use on my friend" she provoked.

"What nothing," I said, shifting.

" haha. Anyways is he staying for a while?"

"Nah he's coming for good" I said.

"What ugh Aisha you didn't bother telling me?" I chuckled as mercy hit me slightly on my arm.

"Sorry. It's just that a lot has been going on" I said and she nodded, totally getting my point.

"Are you excited?" She asked.

"More nervous than excited. We haven't seen in three years." I sighed.

"What about Micheal?" I looked at mercy and shrugged. Raheem is my boyfriend. We dated for a year before he traveled to England. Since then I've been in a distance relationship with him. I have never cheated on him and not once has he given me any reason to doubt him and we both love each other dearly. We talk as often as we could and we have always been happy with our bond. I should be super excited that my baby is finally coming home but for some odd reason, I feel really nervous.

I met Micheal after Raheem left and he has been my best friend ever since. He filled a gap in my life that made me feel like I'm not lonely without Raheem. Three years is a long time and Micheal never hid his feelings for me. He knew I loved Raheem and will never leave my boyfriend for him so he accepted it and now we are just two very close friends.
Raheem knows Micheal and he never had an issue with him being in my life.

"Micheal is my best friend mercy and he knows that. I think he'll be fine," I said, It felt more like I was convincing myself.

" it's gonna be hard for him. He loves you and he's tried so hard to win your heart. And when we all think he might stand a chance, Raheem returns" sometimes I hate the way mercy talks although she was saying the obvious. Do I really like Micheal more than just a friend?