13. A chat with mama

Kesha's POV

*I'm goin' crazy now
Bum bum be-dum, bum bum be-dum bum

No more gas in the rig (Can't even get it started)
Nothin' heard, nothin' said (Can't even speak about it)
All my life on my head (Don't wanna think about it)
Feels like I'm goin' insane, yeah

I danced as I walked into mama's room. It was Sunday and my sisters were crawled up on mama's bed. Headphone still on, I absentmindedly dance in front of them like it's some show they were supposed to be watching. Lisha giggled and I noticed that mama tried shaking her head like she was tired of me. I winked at her smiling. If my naughtiness will make mama try moving the rest of her body, then I'm not stopping.

*Your mind's in Disturbia
It's like the darkness is the light
Disturbia, am I scarin' you tonight?
Your mind's in Disturbia, ain't used to what you like
Disturbia, Disturbia
Bum bum be-dum, bum bum be-dum bum

My sisters laughed enjoying my humor. I danced in front of mama showing her some skills I have learned. My taste in music may be old but I don't care. There's no artist that I enjoy singing their music like Rihanna. I jumped as I twirled around feeling my armpits sweating.

"It's a thief in the night to come and grab you...." I sang

"Aha!" Lisha added. I looked at her and continued
"It can creep up inside you and consume you"

"Aha!" Sasha joined which surprised me. I love my sisters they know how to put me in the spotlight.

"A disease of the mind, it can control you"

"Aha!" Lisha, Sasha, and Aisha joined as if cheering
me up.

"I feel like a monster, oh" Mama smiled as soon as Aisha had joined, which made them all join me as we sang the chorus.

Put on your brake lights
You're in the city of wonder (City lights)
Ain't gon' play nice
Watch out, you might just go under
Better think twice (Think twice)
Your train of thought will be altered
So if you must falter, be wise (Be wise)

This was the first time we ever saw mom smiling so wide for a very long time. The joy in my heartfelt incredible. She tried moving her shoulder as if wanting to join our dance and that made us all rush and formed a circle around her singing. We noticed her left hand moved for a short period and we stopped singing.
" Oh, Allah! Madame just moved her hand." aunty jeneba cried. She's the one taking care of mama. Feeding her, cleaning her, making sure she takes her meds. She used to be Aisha's nanny and since then she's been living here taking care of us all, and now she's nursing mom.

" oh you girls are angels, you made my beautiful madam move her body" she was crying as she stood looking at us. We all stood watching mama before giving her a group hug with our faces all lit up.

"Can you move your hand again mom? I want you to pinch Lisha, she disturbs me a lot " Sasha said.

"I don't mama. But you can pinch me if you want" I grinned at Lisha's response.

"I need to call the doctor! This is good" Aunt Jeneba said moving towards the dressing mirror, she took her Huawei phone and started dialing.

"Yes please do," Aisha said.

I quickly sat on the soft giant bed, eyes at mama. She looked at me and I pulled out my tongue at her. She was in a sitting position on her bed, a pillow behind her back to keep her comfortable and relaxed, she was wearing a beautiful white silky material robe and a heavy blanket covering her stomach down to her toes. Lisha's head was on her lap and Sasha was massaging her toes at the end of the bed. After our group hug, Aisha had moved to the fluffy chair facing ma and held her right-hand hugging ma's palm on her cheeks.