35. Butterflies

Aisha's POV

Coming over to Mercy was the right thing to do after such a long day. We watched comedies laughing while she prepared some delicious spicy goat meat soup. It was fun and I felt relaxed and happy. Raheem called and I finally answered his call, he sounded so worried and kept on apologizing promising me that he didn't mean what he said and that he knows I would never do that to him. I forgave him and when He asked for us to meet? I refused, telling him that I wanted to forget everything for the day and chill. He respected my choice and told me he loved me and will call me tomorrow.

"Raheem is such a gentle guy..." Mercy said. I looked at her and scoffed. I also thought so too until I saw that side of him last night.

"You did the right thing babes." she smiled. Sometimes I do not understand her, she acts like she likes Micheal and not Raheem, but here she was feeling glad that I have forgiven Raheem. Seems like she's now seeing that sweet side of Raheem.

We were now watching Madea's Homecoming on Netflix and enjoying our soup when we heard the doorbell ring.

"That's weird, I wasn't expecting anyone today," she muttered before getting up. Pulling her shirt down to cover her waist, she walked towards the door and opened it.

Eyes glued to the tv, I chuckled at the funny event taking place in Madea's house.

"Wait...wait, wait!" I heard Mercy's panicked voice and I spun around to see what was going on. Micheal walking towards me while I sat, holding my soup bowl.

"Oh Aisha, I'm so sorry, I told him you were not here but he still decided to barge in like it's his mama's house." Mercy spat.

"I'm sorry Mercy, I just needed to talk to her," he said looking at me. He looked so tall and handsome in his smokey white-colored blouse and black jeans. His eyes looked so tired as if he hasn't had any rest since that day.

"What do you want Micheal?" I breathed frustratingly.

"I'll just check if there's more soup in the kitchen...excuse me." Mercy said to Micheal who nodded. She walked past me and mouthed "be nice" using both hands to symbolize the word please before walking away. I placed my bowl on the table and sat arms crossed.

Micheal sat beside me and my heart fluttered. Was he kidding me? Why was he seating this close to me? I shifted a bit away from him pretending not to be bothered by his expensive perfume fragrance. Damn, he smells so good.

"Why are mad at me Aisha?" he suddenly asked surprising me. And Here I thought he came all the way here to apologize only to dare ask me that?

"Why am I mad at you? What the heck Micheal." as much as I love his presence around me he was beginning to piss me off.

"Look, you know I will never do anything to hurt you, I just lost my cool that day when I saw him gripping you like that...." his jaw clenched, he was probably picturing what happened last night.

"And he said you are his.....that hurts," he confessed his voice calm while his hands formed a fist.

"I can't stand you avoiding me, okay? I can't handle it and I need to see you so please forgive....." I held his hands and smiled. After hearing his side, I felt bad for even avoiding him. Despite him going over the edge last night he didn't deserve this, he was only trying to protect me and he's always been there for me.

"It's okay, it's all in the past now, Let's just forget about it okay?" I smiled. He looked at me worriedly searching through my eyes to see if I actually mean it. My heart melts as I watch him smile.

"Um so, you are not going to push me away now that...Raheem knows I have feelings for you?" he asked hesitantly. I shook my head even though I had no idea how to handle this situation.