16. A rough night

Kesha's POV

I sat on the couch facing the most annoying person in the whole fucking world. Alex fucking brown. For weeks now I have been avoiding him and here I am again today with him, alone in their house. Earlier today I had left home and called Betty explaining everything to her.

"You know what?" She had said on the phone.

"Come to my house and let's talk."

And that is exactly what I did. I came and guess who I found here? You already know.

"Hey what are you doing here?" Alex had asked when he saw me at their front door.

"Wait what are you doing here." I am the only person bold enough to ask someone what they were doing in their own house.

"Betty is not here." That was the answer I got. I had brushed past him and entered only to find out he was right. Betty was at the gym and the bitch made me come here. I called her yelling at her and she told me she was on her way home. I have been stuck here for an hour waiting for my best friend who was obviously being screwed in between her legs while I sit here avoiding communication with Alex.

"Are you okay? You are not sick right?" He suddenly asked and I looked at him before ignoring him.

"Wow someone is really in a bad mood today, I like that," he added. There was something different about him. He was acting a bit friendly and that was odd. Is it because of what happened between us the last time? Men, once they start aiming for your undies their era changes.

"What are you doing here anyway aren't you supposed to be on a mountain trip with your friends." I said frowning at him. I was already in a bad mood and the last thing I want was a conversation with Alex.

"Tripped got canceled," he said before getting up. Thank God he is leaving.

"You need anything?" He suddenly asked and I shook my head at him. He later came back with two glasses and a bottle of wine. Guess he wasn't leaving then.

"You are stuck with me for a while Kesha so you can tell me what is bothering you or we can stare at each other until one flame up and burn the house," he said looking at me with those beautiful eyes. Dammit. Ugly eyes.

I pour myself some wine and gulped wiping my mouth with the back of my left hand. I better start getting tipsy before pulling it all out of my chest.

"Okay first of all, what happened that night between the two of us was a big mistake. A foolish mistake and it doesn't mean anything okay? And besides, you hate my guts and you are my best friend's brother and I have to keep it from her because it will jeopardize our friendship. Or I think it will. So do me a favor and never come close to me again, ever Alex Brown. And this nicey-nicey energy I'm getting from you? You better quit that too because you are never getting into my pants. Do you hear me? Ever." I took a deep breath avoiding his face and took another gulp of drink and then continued.

"I got into a fight with Aisha and she was so horrible to me. So brutal! How can she think that I am jealous of her? What the fuck is her problem with me wanting to steal from papa so we can all leave the house. She thinks she's all perfect and can boss me around? Uh, the nerves!"

"And do you know what she said? That I am jealous? Me, jealous! Because she has two perfect guys running after her. And yes she needs to throw that to my face. Reminding me of being a school dropout and a girl with no boyfriend." The emotions inside of me were too much to handle. Everyone should say those words but Aisha, her words really stung and it hurts so much.

"I want to pull at her hair so bad and scratch that tiny pretty face of hers! I am the wreckage of my family." I was crying.

"I am so miserable Alex, I am ugly, not smart, a whole trouble and I am crying in front of the guy who hates my gut." I shrieked. It was when I felt Alex's hand around me that I realized he had left his seat and joined me to console me. I leaned on him with my runny nose silently praying that I don't mess his shirt. He smelled so good and for some odd reason, I felt safe in his arms. Why can't he be my own Micheal too? A friend that likes me.