8. Scared

Lisha's POV

Life doesn't suck. Only mine does. My life revolves around drama. Drama in school, drama at home. My name is Lisha Malik, and I hate my life.

I sat on my bed, jaw swollen from yesterday's fight with my stepsisters. Staring at the words on the new dairy AyeAye gifted me, I sighed. You can't blame me for hating my life anyways. I am no one's priority. Why was I even born into such a family? I am not the only one, nor the first one with stepsisters and stepbrothers.

Every part of my body is aching, and my tummy hurts. Yesterday was awful. Zainab came and acted like she was the queen of England. She came looking all expensive with her housemaid, assistant, and ugly cousin. Dad acted like he had just married a celebrity.

"Lisha", dad had called on me, and when I approached him in his sitting room, I saw Zainab sitting legs folded on each other as she did her Snapchat videos.

"Yes, pa," I said, wishing my sisters were here.

I looked at Zainab with pure disgust. How can she even be able to do this is. I remember her and Aisha running after me with my dolls when I was younger. Mama will laugh at us and then give us cupcakes. She will always give Zainab two cupcakes. We all loved her and treated her like part of this family. Well, she's now really officially a member. How can some people be so cruel and ungrateful?

"Where are your sisters," pa asked.

"I Don't know", and I didn't.

"Have you greeted your aunty Zainab?" he asked again. Should I be calling her Aunty? Unbelievable.

"Hi," I said, feeling angry.

"Is that how to greet?" He shouted. I looked at him blankly. Does he seriously think I'll call this lady aunty?

"It's okay, honey. Please don't be harsh. She'll get used to it," she said, pretending to be sweet. She kissed my dad on his bald head while smirking at me. Ugh, I hate her. She's evil and disgusting. I can't wait to leave this house.

"Excuse me, I've some important things to do," I said to dad and walked out before he could utter another word.

I sat in my room for hours, Hugging my giant bear and waiting for my sisters. I called Aisha it went to voicemail, Kesha didn't pick up, and when I called Sasha, she said she wasn't coming home. I then left my room with my bear doll and was going to mama's when I met Linda and Stella. It looked like they had just come from dad's sitting room, and they looked just as upset as I was when I left.

"Twwwz and look at her sister", Linda snarled at me.

"Twwwz", I hissed back

"Are you out of your mind? What did you just do" exclaimed Stella.

I ignored the question and walked on. I was already in a bad mood to have their time.

"Where do you think you are going? You little brat," Linda gripped and pulled at my hair from the back. I screamed at the pain and lost balance as I tried to escape her grip.

Suddenly, they started hitting me with their hands, and I fought back. They were strong, and they kept on walloping me. I cried for help as they tossed me to the floor.

"You brat! You think you can insult me and go court free! I'll kill you today" I tried kicking at them, but My efforts were in vain. Linda sat atop me, giving me hot slaps from both angles. Stela is kicking my butt. Tears dropped from my eyes as I helplessly got beaten by them.

"You think I am your age, mate?"

"Beat her, Linda. It's because of her stupid sister that we now have another stepmom. She doesn't even know who to be friends with. Slap her harder," I cried, wanting it to stop. Linda finally got off me and kicked me hard on my tummy, leaving me all balled up. They finally left. I stayed there for almost 30 minutes crying. My dad was just around the corner, and he refused even to help me. My sisters are all gone, and it's just me. No one was there for me. Only me and my tossed teddy bear on the floor.

The door flung open, and Sasha came in.
"Good mo......." she stopped the moment she saw me. Tears swelled in my eyes as I looked up at her.
"Oh, my God! Lisha, what happened!" She rushed to me, and I pulled her away. Her eyes had mixed feelings.

"Aisha! Kesha!" She ran to call them, and I patiently waited for them. In less than a minute, they all came rushing at me, and I looked at them.

"Lisha! Omg, omg, " Aisha cried, rushing to me. I pushed her off me crying. Shocked, she tried again, her eyes begging me not to push her.

"Who did this," Kesha asked, face red.

"What happened, Lisha? Stop crying and tell us, please," Sasha said. The looks in their eyes were heartbreaking. Do I look that bad? I know they love me, but sometimes I wish they would think about leaving me alone in a place like this all day before doing anything else.

"It's papa! He's answering this....." Kesha was about to leave the room to approach dad when I stopped her.

"No. Not papa." my voice croaked from all the crying.

"It's Linda and Stella", I announced.

———————————————————————————

I know this is short, and that's why I'm uploading two chapters, okay🤗

We need to see from the other's point of view too.