11. Disturbia

Sasha's POV

I was watching a show called Jane the virgin in mom's room whilst she was sleeping peacefully. Mom's room is really big and comfy. I guess that's why I'm hardly in my room. Sharing a room with your sister sucks especially for my age. I can't have my friend over because my bed is too small, I am never really comfortable discussing or gossiping on phone with my friends with Lisha around. I guess that's what you get for being born into a big family.

Another reason why I'm always in here is that I get scared sometimes. Even though my stepmoms are banned from entering each other's room and we have a nurse and a servant that takes care of mom every day, I still feel like the slightest opportunity they get, they'll hurt my mom. Call it paranoia or simply a daughter's instinct but I always want to protect her as much as I can. I also get scared sometimes that she might never get well again. That frightens me and I always try to be close to her so she will realize that we need her and that she needs to get well somehow.

My phone suddenly started ringing and it was Clark.

"Hey girl" she greeted

"Hey" I whispered slowly getting up from mom's bed and walking out of her room without making a noise.

"Whatsup" i said as i quickly walked into my room.

"I am really worried Sasha, mom lost her job again" she said. Clark is living with her mom who has some serious bipolar disorders. I remember one time she drove her daughter out of the house and started crying that Clark wants to leave her.

"I'm so sorry Clark," I said.

"What did she do this time?" I asked.

"The usual. I don't want to talk about that. Let's talk about you"

"Have you watched Jane the virgin?" I exclaimed.

"No no not series, please. Is there anything bothering you? Maybe that will make me forget my problems"

"Hearing another man's problem won't make yours go away" I told her.

"Ugh, it's not my problem it is her problem." She was referring to her mom.

"Okay, but I don't have anything bothering me right now though," I said.

"Hmm really? What about Zainab or your sisters?"

"Yeah you are right" I sighed. I was already seated on my swinging chair.

"Aisha has this crazy idea of us moving out and living in one of uncle frank's apartments. Yes, it is a good idea and will really help us all mentally and emotionally but somehow I can't help but feel worried. At her age, she should start her career, save money, be in love and live her best life. But now she wants to take such a huge responsibility by taking care of us all. Us living on our own will be difficult Clark and  I'm afraid the burden will be too much on her." I plugged on my earphones.

"Yeah, that's a huge responsibility for her. Have you tried talking to her?"

"Not really. Aisha feels like we are her responsibility." I sighed.

"Precisely why you should talk to her. Yes, she is your elder sister but that doesn't mean she must take care of you all. Despite how evil you papa is, he still feeds you guys, he gives at least you and lisha your monthly allowances."

"Yeah right and that is because we are not yet 18." I said, grunting.

"Still. He pays your mom's medical bills right?" She asked.

"Right" I answered.

"Listen I know it sucks being in that house but you can convince Aisha to wait till you are 18 so you can do part-time jobs whilst in college." She suggested.

"You will also be able to help her." She was right though. I have never really thought of that. In my country, you hardly get part-time jobs as a teenager compared to other countries but parents are supposed to give allowances to their kids till they are 18years of age.

"It's really hard to convince Aisha." I laid my head on the table and closed my eyes.

"Look this is a very important decision and she should not just make you leave your papa's house because she feels like it's her duty. She can still postpone that decision until she is financially ready for that. You need to make her understand that Sasha."

"Yeah, I will try talking to her." Clark was right. I would have loved to discuss this with Kesha instead but I know I will only make her feel bad about everything and I don't want that. She's not schooling nor is she working, I pray she finds her ambition sooner than later. Kesha is really special and she just needs to realize that.

"What about Kesha and lisha, Are they okay with that?" She asked.

"Well, Aisha was really convincing when she told us. She made it sound so easy and well planned. But one thing I have learned is that saying something is much easier than actually doing it." I said getting up and seating on the bed. I am never in one place when on phone.

"Which is why you are worried about the whole idea" she agreed. I nodded absentmindedly realizing that I have never really told Clark about Kesha's idea of us robbing papa. That is the craziest thing I have ever heard and it's embarrassing to even discuss stealing money from anyone with your friend.

Even if it's papa doesn't make it any less bad.

"Let me know what happens when you talk to Aisha okay?" She said.

"I will"

Clark and i said our goodbyes before i left my room to return to mom's room. On my way, I met Linda and Stella. We walked past each other as they watched me with their eyeballs darting rapidly back and forth with so much hatred and malice.

"You are going to have eye problems someday because even your eyeballs are tired of your malicious act" I said fixing my lenses properly as I watched them.

"See this idiot, twwwz" Stella hissed.

"And she's is talking about eye problems, hahaha at-least our visions don't get blurry if we don't wear some ridiculous lenses" Linda mocked. Gosh, her laugh sucks.

"Losers" I spat and ran when they tried to attack. Or maybe they were simply threatening me but I still stopped at my mom's room door and pulled my tongue out at them before entering.

Catch me if you can losers.

——————————————————————————-

Catch me if you can readers😘😘😘