The Ritual

Sebastian and Lois sit in the back seat of the black, luxurious car.

Lois looks around, admiring the luxury that surrounds them, while Sebastian examines some papers Franco gave him

Lois: What kind of car is this?

Sebastian: It's a BMW. Do you like it?

Lois: Very much. Is it yours?

Sebastian: Not exactly. It belongs to the whole gang. We need a safe car for our transportation.

Lois: A safe car?

Sebastian: It's bulletproof, Kitten.

Lois: Bulletproof? Why do you need a bulletproof car?

Sebastian: Just in case. You never know who might have it in for you.

Lois frowns.

Lois: That doesn't sound good.

Sebastian: Why, baby? Are you scared? There's no reason to be. No one is hurting my baby.

Lois: I'm not afraid for me. I have survived a lot more than this. I'm scared for you.

Sebastian smiles and opens his arms.

Sebastian: Come here, Kitten.

Lois sneaks into his lap.

Sebastian: There's no reason for that either. Nothing's going to happen to me.

Lois: How can you be so sure?

Sebastian: Because I have something very important now that I live for, and I have no intention of leaving it.

Lois: Can I know what that something is? You know, to see how important it really is.

Sebastian throws his head back and bursts out laughing.

Sebastian: You are something else, you know that?

Lois: Don't try to change the subject and tell me.

With his finger under her chin, he lifts her head and looks into her eyes.

Sebastian: You, baby. You are that something.

Lois: And am I really capable of making you take care of yourself?

Sebastian: Yes, Kitten. You are.

Lois snuggles even tighter in his arms, rubbing her nose against his chest as Sebastian kisses the top of her head. Franco takes one look at the two of them through the rearview mirror and smiles.