The Rainbow After The Storm

After a while, Jace and Mary enter the room, but Sebastian nods at them to be quiet because Lois has fallen asleep. They begin to whisper.

Jace: Has she been asleep long?

Sebastian: No. About twenty minutes.

Mary: How is she?

Sebastian: Her arm hurts a little, but otherwise she's fine. She's looking forward to having the baby.

Jace: We all are. Especially Matt.

Sebastian: Oh, God!

Jace: That's right!

Sebastian: What happened with the doctor?

Mary: It's all right. We told him what we had to.

Jace: My mother tried to kill Lois and when she couldn't, she went to James' house. They had a fight, he killed her, and then killed himself with cyanide. As for Alice ...

Mary: She committed suicide when she learned the truth about Stefan's death.

Sebastian rubs his face with his free hand, the other holding Lois.

Sebastian: I still can't believe what happened. If we were just a little longer late...

Mary: Don't think about it anymore. It's over.

Jace: It's almost dawn. The doctor says we can go home. The papers are already done.

Sebastian: Do you want me to wake her?

Mary: She's very sweet when she sleeps, but I'm afraid you should. The others are fidgeting on the leash.

Sebastian: Please, Mary. Don't mention that word.

Mary: What word?

Sebastian: The leash.

Mary: Oh! Okay. I'm sorry.

Sebastian, stroking her back, speaks to Lois in a soft voice.

Sebastian: Wake up, Kitten. It's time to go home.

Lois stretches and looks at him. He smiles at her.

Apparently forgetting where she is, and not realizing there are other people in the room, Lois begins to purr as her hand moves to Sebastian's pants

Sebastian: Um ... Kitten, we are not alone.

Jace rolls his eyes and Mary starts laughing.

Jace: Good lord! Somebody stop her.