Rendezvous With Death

~ TWO MINUTES BEFORE SIX ~

Everything is ready and everyone is in position. The podium is set up in front of the fireplace, and just opposite it are the chairs for the guests. The cameras are already on their tripods. The journalists have taken their seats. Alexander, Matt, and Simon, one at each corner of the room, look around with their eyes. On the podium, a large, long table covered in white cloth, sit Jace, Mary, Jared, Lois, and Sebastian, and in front of each of them is a microphone. Behind them, with their arms folded in front of their chests, stand Negro, Tiny, and Dog, making poker faces. In front of the table, Odysseus, and Penelope squat on their haunches. Camilla sits cross-legged on a high stool next to the podium. She flips up the floor ...

Camilla: Dear colleagues and friends. Thank you for accepting my invitation. In a few minutes, we will go live to the newscast for fifteen minutes. During the connection, I would like to ask you to be quiet, and then our hosts will be available to answer your questions. Until then, please feel free to grab a coffee or refreshments from the buffet. Thank you again.

Oliver: Miss Camilla, in 30 seconds.

Camilla: Mr. Harronate, are you ready?

Jace: Yes, of course.

Oliver: 15 seconds.

Camilla: Oliver, how do I look?

Oliver: Beautiful as always. 10 seconds.

Camilla: Let's go!

Oliver: 5. 4. 3. 2. 1. Go!

The anchorman's voice sounds from the small screen next to Oliver.

Anchorman: Good evening, Miss Brown.

Camilla: Good evening.

Anchorman: I believe you have something for us.

Camilla: Yes, of course. We are here, at the home of the well-known businessman Jace Harronate and his sweet wife, the famous painter Mary Morningstar.

Anchorman: Good evening, sir. My lady.

Jace: Good evening.

Mary: Good evening.

Camilla: They have something very important for us. So let us hear it. Mr. Harronate?

Jace: I'll turn the floor over to my wife.

Anchorman: It seems there are still some real gentlemen left in this day and age.

Camilla: You are right, and Mr. Harronate is definitely one of them. Mrs. Morningstar, the floor is yours.

Mary: I am pleased to announce my new exhibition in collaboration with my good friend and incredibly talented photographer, Jared Olsen.

Jared: Good evening.

Anchorman: This is something you have never done before. How did this collaboration come about?

Mary: We met at a photo shoot for my niece. He was the photographer. He suggested a collaboration, I saw a selection of his work, was blown away by his talent and agreed. Besides, the best things in life happen by accident.

Anchorman: Will this exhibition have a theme like your previous ones?

Mary: Yes, of course. The theme will be "Love in All Forms."