The Butcher

~ TWO DAYS LATER ~ ROUND ABOUT NOON ~

Sebastian is in his shop and Jared is in his studio. Mark has gone to gather the last of the information for Lois and Jessie is shopping.

As for Lois... She's at home cooking, dancing, and singing.

Lois: * I love you, baby and if it's quite all right

Lois: * I love you, baby and if it's quite all right ...

I need you, baby to warm these lonely nights ...

I love you, baby. Trust in me when I say ...

I love you, baby and if it's quite all right ...

I need you, baby to warm these lonely nights ...

I love you, baby! *

The sound that comes out of her mouth hurts her ears. She is completely out of tune. That's the one thing her parents were right about.

Her parents. The people who gave her life. The people who would normally have to love her unconditionally. The people who should even give their lives for her.

But no. They did just the opposite. All these years, they belittled her, trampled on her selfishness and self-worth. They have tormented her. She can't even remember a caress, a nice conversation, or a reward. Why did they have a child in the first place? Lois always wondered.

After them, Peter came and history repeated itself. Humiliation, rejection, negative criticism, deception. And the grand finale? Beating and rape.

At that moment, her eyes fall on the fridge, which is full of pictures. Jared has an endearing habit of sticking pictures in the most unlikely places. Even on the bathroom tiles or the toilet seat. He's a cute crazy person. He's the brother she always wanted. Her protector. A man who can make her laugh with just one word, no matter how sad she is.

And finally, he is. Sebastian. The knight in shining armor. Her own Prince Charming. The good wolf from her fairy tale who came and saved her from the wicked witch. But he didn't stop there. In his hands, she was transformed. She became a different person. She was reborn. Just his presence gives her power. With him, she can do anything. Just a look from him. One touch from him. A single word. A smile or even a command.

She is so absorbed in thought that the ringing at the door startles her in surprise. Who is it at this hour? Sebastian and Jared don't need to ring the bell. Obviously, it's Mark or Jessie.

She goes to the door and looks through the peephole. Oh, crap! It's Peter. What the hell is he doing here? She takes another look. Peter seems scared. Even through the small hole, Lois can see sweat running down his forehead and his hands shaking. Jesus! His fear makes her feel good. Goddammit! Sebastian should be here!

Peter rings the doorbell again. Look how persistent he is! Well, she would be for that kind of money.

But what does he do now? He takes a piece of paper out of his pocket and writes something on it. He bends down and puts the piece of paper under the door, at Lois' feet, and leaves while wiping his brow.