OH, CANADA

Wong looked at Nora and gave her a disapproving look. “I don’t like this.”

“I’ll be fine. It’s the oldest one on the list, Wong. And I need to do something about this. They can’t keep terrorising my family forever,” she explained. 

“There is a reason for that protection spell,” he muttered. “Come back here as soon as you’re done.” 

Nora gave him a pat on the shoulder, glad that he seemed to be concerned about her safety. “Don’t worry. I’ll be just fine.”

Stephen walked in with the master of the London Sanctum and looked at them. He said something to the other sorcerer and quickly walked over. 

“What is this about ?” he laughed, looking at Nora’s clothes. No one was used to seeing her with warm coats, but she didn’t want to draw any unwanted attention to her in Canada, in the middle of winter.

“She’s-”

“Personal stuff,” she finished before Wong could say anything. He sighed and she smiled at him. “See you in two days.”

She walked away and left them in Kamar-Taj while she was going to New York. Stephen immediately followed her and forced her to stop. 

“Not being friends doesn’t mean we can’t talk at all, Nora,” he said, standing between her and the basement’s stairs. 

“It’s nothing to worry about.”

“I wasn’t worried. Should I be ?”

“Nope. All good.”

He gave her a suspicious look. As she was still looking behind him, Stephen stepped aside and sighed. “Fine, go. I don’t want to know.”

“Good. Have a good weekend.”

She ran down and quickly checked upstairs. He left, and she checked the location she was supposed to reach. Nora opened her portal and jumped through, immediately closing it behind her. 

Around her, nothing but trees. Trees, and snow. She glanced at the screen of her phone and proceeded to follow her GPS. According to its prevision, she’d have to walk for about 15 minutes in order to reach the village. According to Nora’s knowledge of her physical abilities, it would take her more than half an hour. 

As soon as she had the village in sight, she walked to the nearest restaurant. She could have a nice breakfast while waiting for a reasonable time to visit people and possibly threaten them. 

When her order came in, the owner of the place nicely informed her that the place she was looking for was pretty far from town, on the edge of the forest up North. Nora winced, thinking about all the time she’d have to walk again. 

She looked at the people walking outside. They seemed nice. The population around here looked pretty old, just like the man she was looking for. There was nothing dangerous in this town. 

She opened the file she had about that man and started reading it again. 55, no family. Nora asked every master she knew if they ever heard about him, and they all said the same thing. He never set foot in any of the Sanctums, even less in Kamar-Taj. She had nothing to fear from him. 

As soon as the streets were filled with people, she paid for her meal and walked away. She smiled at a few people looking at her on her way out of town and quickly found the small road the owner of the restaurant told her about. 

She followed it for a long time, way longer than she expected, up until the sign telling her she was entering a private property. For a split second, Nora could’ve sworn that she felt the Flames swirling inside her. It was always a weird feeling, and she could never explain it. As she kept walking, the wind blew her hair away from her face and she shivered, instinctively bringing the sides of her coat to her chin.