TONY STARK

What Nora thought was just a bad case of lost Avenger turned out to be a little worse. They listened to Dr Banner’s story about Thor, Loki, Asgard, their spaceship, and Thanos. They listened to it twice, just to be sure. Thanos was after the Infinity Stones, and there was one right here with them.

“We need the others,” Dr Banner said, putting on a shirt. “We need Tony.”

“I’ll get him,” Stephen quickly said. “Stay here and… rest.”

As he was leaving with Wong to try and find Tony Stark, Nora ran after them and stopped them in the middle of the stairs. 

“This isn’t our problem,” she blurted out. “The only thing that matters is that this guy wants the stones. You have one, you go away and protect it.”

“If he wants the Time Stone, he’ll get to me,” Stephen argued.

“Then leave the stone somewhere safe.”

“No.”

“Find Stark,” Wong finally said. “We’ll stay with him and try to know more,” he quickly added, looking at Banner.

Stephen walked away and Nora briefly pointed behind her. “You stay with him and try to know more. I’ll try to get some sense into Stephen’s head.” 

He went back downstairs. Nora froze in front of the basement’s door. She closed her eyes and stepped inside the cold stairs. Her heart was pounding in her chest. Her legs were trembling. She was probably going to faint. One step after the other, she made it underground and ran to find Stephen. She stopped next to him and tried to breathe for a second, looking around her in terror. 

“Nora, what-”

“You need to go,” she said, swallowing the node in her throat. “He has two stones. Two beats one.” When she realized he was still casting his spells, she pulled on his sleeve and forced him to stop. “Are you even listening to me ? I didn’t come down here for you to be stupid !”

“I’ve been listening,” he calmly said, “and I’m proud that you managed to come down here. But I have a job to do. We’re supposed to protect Earth, not escape when there’s a threat. That being said, I think you should leave.”

She stared at him, trying to guess if she heard correctly. “You’re not being serious,” she said with a nervous laugh. “I’m not going anywhere until this is solved. You want to be an idiot and stay ? Good, let’s be idiots together, then.” He smiled and leaned in to kiss her. Only for a second, because Nora wasn’t one to be fooled by these tricks. “Nice try. I still want you to leave.” She looked at him and sighed. “Please, don’t be stupid. You’ll die.”

“I won’t. And I found Stark.”

He walked back upstairs and nodded at Wong. He opened a portal under Banner’s dumbfounded eyes and left. Nora sat on the stairs and rubbed her hands on her face. 

“Tell him to leave,” she said, feeling Wong’s hand on her shoulder.

“That’s not in Earth’s best interest,” he said. “Sorry.”

“So we’re letting him get-” she stopped and turned to Dr Banner, looking through the portal. “Hey, stay there !” He briefly glanced at her but walked through anyway. “Why am I still talking ? Am I speaking English or is everyone deliberately ignoring me ?” 

“You should leave,” Wong calmly said.

Nora left the steps she was sitting on and stood in front of him. “I won’t say it again. You two want to be brain dead and stay ? I’ll stay with you. I won’t leave until Thanos is gone or even better, dead. Understood ?” Wong nodded and looked back at the portal. “Good. But just so you know, I think the ring agrees with you. I feel the growing need to run away.” They exchanged a quick look. “Or burn everything around me. I don’t understand that thing.”