LEAVING WESTVIEW

After making sure her family was fine, Wanda walked back to Agatha and stood in front of her. For a second, Nora thought she was about to kill her. With her apparent knowledge about that thing Wanda was supposed to be, Nora couldn’t let her die. They needed her. 

“You’ll get the role you gave yourself,” Wanda said with a smile, raising her hand towards Agatha’s head. “The nosy neighbor.”

Nora started running towards them. “Wanda ! No !”

She was too late. Wanda touched Agatha’s head and just like that, she was gone. Agnes was back. It didn’t even take her a second to do it. Nora froze, staring at Wanda as she was going back to her family. She grabbed her arm and forced her to stop. 

“What did you do ?” Nora asked. 

Wanda freed herself from Nora’s grip. “She deserved it.”

“No one deserves that.”

She walked away without even looking back at her latest victim. Wanda’s family went back home, probably to watch TV as they always did. Whatever it was, Nora didn’t care. She couldn’t take her eyes away from Agnes. She pushed her away from the SWORD men she was talking to and forced her to turn around. 

“Agatha,” she whispered. “I know you’re here. And I don’t really like you, but you reminded me that it was still my body when I was going crazy.” She took a deep breath and tried to ignore Agnes’ confused look. “We’ll find a way to free you. You’ll go to jail, but you’ll be… well, you.”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about, sweetie, but have you seen Senor Scratchy ? I didn’t lock the door when I left,” Agnes said with a smile. 

“Scratch- Nope. Haven’t seen it,” Nora said, already walking away. “Keep looking. Gotta go, bye.”

Maybe now wasn’t the time to say that her evil rabbit was dead. In the distance, Monica motioned Nora to join her. She sighed and headed in her direction. 

“What now ?” Monica asked when Nora joined her. 

Nora shrugged. “That Hex is disappearing. From what Agatha said, Vision and the twins will disappear with it.” She paused and pointed at Monica’s chest. “I saw the bullets go through you. What are you ?”

Monica laughed. “I think I’ve been in and out of the Hex too many times.”

“So Wanda gave you superpowers,” Nora said with a nervous laugh. “She can bend reality to her will and she’s something called the Scarlet Witch. Harbinger of Chaos, destroyer of reality. The whole thing,” she added. “There’s no way we helped the right one.”

“She didn’t know.”

“Not all of it, but she knew. And she kept doing it.”

Monica looked up at the Hex slowly disappearing. “No one could take it down. No one but her.”

“Yeah. That’s exactly what I’m talking about,” Nora sighed. “What if she doesn’t want to stop next time ?”

Just before the Hex disappeared for good, Wanda brought the night to Westview. She was probably saying goodbye. Nora sat back on the bench where Betty took her lunch break and watched as the FBI was joining the party. 

She just wanted to be sure it was gone before leaving. She didn’t know what she’d tell her parents. How she’d manage to explain what happened to anyone. The paperwork, the questions… They’d probably send her back to therapy for that. 

For now, her main concern was the ring. Nothing was currently attacking Nora, but the ring wouldn’t shut up. It was constantly warning her, more intensely than ever. Something was wrong with it, and they needed to take care of it before it caused any damage.