Thirty

~

...~..........~...
Interrupted

Rafe and Luna arrived at Rafe's home around 11 pm. On their way home they stopped at a bagels shop to eat something for later or the morning.
Rafe stopped his bike in front of the garage and pulled his helmet over his head and looked back at Luna who was struggling with her helmet again. She tried as best as she could but still couldn't open it.

"Rafe!.... I fucking hate this thing." She groaned and gave up.

Rafe chuckled and got off the bike to stand in front of her. "Come here darling."

Luna bit her lips and played with her fingers, his words made her nervous.
He pulled the helmet over her head carefully. "Here you go."

"Thanks." She smiled.

"You're welcome." He smiled and brushed a hair away that hung besides her eye.
They looked at each other, lost in the moment.

Suddenly the light of the garage turned off and they stood in the dark.
"Oh." Luna whispered.

"Well..." Rafe laughed and touched Luna's waist to lifted her off the bike.

They walked to the front door and the light turned back on. Rafe's right hand was still around her waist, leading her to the door. He had to let go to use the key.

"Hello Rafe!" A voice came from the side.

Rafe flinched and let the key fell down. "Shit..." He whispered and took a short annoyed glance at Luna before turning to his neighbour. "Hello Mrs. Baker!" He smiled faking it.

"Had a good evening?" She asked.

"Yeah."

"Sounds nice. I wish you two a good night." Mrs. Baker smiled at them.

"Thank you. Good night." Rafe said.

"Thanks. You too." Luna smiled.

The woman nodded and walked with her dog inside.
Rafe turned his head to Luna with surprised raised eyebrows.

"What?"

"Nothing. You're just so nice."

Luna smiled. "Well it's your neighbour, it's important to have a good connection with them... in case anything happens or you need something."

"True..." Rafe shrugged.

"Come on let's go in it's getting cold." Luna shivered.