Forty Nine

~

...~..........~...
Birthday Date And Joy

The next day Luna got ready for the date with Rafe. She was super excited and also really nervous, even though they have been frequently hanging out for almost half a year. She packed her bag pack with her bikini, another outfit and a few snacks.
She showered, cold, and got dressed. She had many options, she was thinking too much. In the end, after 30 minutes, she chose one. It was a dress. She hoped it wasn't too much and Rafe wouldn't tease her.

Luna walked to the bridge, she still had enough time. On her way she listened to a podcast with their favourite youtuber to calm down and the podcast really helped.
She saw the bridge and Rafe already stood there. He was waiting at the railing.

"Hi." Luna walked up to him.

"Hi. Ohh, you look pretty. Looks like you put a lot of effort for today." His hands wrapped around her waist to kiss her and then opened the door for her.

"I knew it... " Luna rolled her eyes and chuckled. "Thank you." She sat down. "But you also look pretty neat."

"Mhm, yeah... it's a special occasion... Let's go." He sat next to her and started to drive.

While they were driving Rafe laid his hand on her thigh and brushed his thumb over it. Luna looked at him and smiled. She took his hand and played with his fingers.

They talked on the whole drive while always touching.

"How was the rest of your day?" He asked when they passed the "Welcome to Hiling! " sign.

"Good, I talked with Sky and then we went surfing till it was dark. But I went to bed early I was super tired."

"Mhm! Sounds great!"

"What did you do?"

"I had dinner."

"Oh right! Where did you eat?"

"Home. Rose cooked something really delicious. It was something vegetarian with chickpeas and feta. Really good, I asked her to give me the recipe."

"We can cook that someday."

"Oh yes! Good idea." Rafe smiled and squeezed her hand.

"But was the dinner okay, I mean your family?"

"Well there was bit of tension between dad and I and we barely talked... but Wheezie sat next to me and it was better with her. But there was no fight. Rose probably told him to not ruin the night."

"Mhm at least that, did you stay for the night?"

"Yes." Rafe nodded ad looked at her with a slight smile.

Luna smiled back at him and then looked outside. "It's so beautiful here. I love it."

"It is." He nodded, he loved Hiling, it was so deep in nature.