Forty Seven

~

...~..........~...
Commitment

Luna was concentrated and already wrote two and a half pages, she didn't hear the knocking and got scared when John B stood behind her.
"Jesus Christ! Do you want me to die from a heart attack??"

"Ha sorry." He laughed. "I wanted to ask if you want us to join at the fire, you've been here for hours."

"Oh yes. I need a break." Luna nodded and stood up.

"Oh and JJ is in a bad mood. So..."

"Why?"

"Ask himself if he wants to talk."

"Oh my- what's going on with him in the last time." Luna sighed, she had no idea.

John shrugged and followed her outside.

They joined their friends at the fire. First it was good but Luna noticed that JJ was quiet and distant, usually he was the one joking around and being loud.
She tried to get eye contact but he was just looking at the ground or somewhere else, never at her.

When the fire slowly went down they moved to the surf shed. On their way, she walked up to him.
"Hi." She touched his arm.

"Hi." He said quiet and didn't look at her.

She stopped her walk. "What's going on??"

"Nothing." He kept walking.

"JJ!" She walked after him. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing!" He turned around to her.

Luna was shocked. "Okay..." Without saying anything more she followed to the surf shed.
Disappointed she sat next to John with a view on JJ. He grumbled something to Kie who then frowned, she was also thrown off by his bad mood.

"Did you talk?" John leaned down.

"He said nothing is wrong."

"Oh..." John frowned. He didn't understand why JJ wouldn't just talk to her and kept that attitude.

All evening JJ was stubborn and stayed in his bad mood, it also influenced the mood of the others. At least Pope was more talkative to Luna again.

"What's your assignment about?" He asked.

"We had to read an article. And now write an argumentative essay about how the writer influenced the new journalism."