22. I will do worse...

"Dad!", Zhan turned to the loud cry and kneeled just as Yuan jumped into his arms. Clutching his son to him Zhan ran his hands over his son's head while Yuan cried bitterly with his head buried in Zhan's shoulder. "He...took firecracker. A-Yuan is weak. He couldn't save firecracker." The child cried harder and tears pricked Zhan's eyes thinking that he had failed in protecting his son. His son had been exposed to danger and with the way Yuan was crying, the young boy was terribly shaken. Zhan patted Yuan's back reassuring him that everything was alright. "My pumpkin was so brave. You aren't weak, A-Yuan. You told your dad where to find me. I am so proud of you."  Yuan sniffled at the words and Yibo gestured Zhan to give Yuan to him which Zhan did. Yibo stepped out of the room with Yuan in his arms  and Zhan wished he had been capable enough to kill Huang Yifeng that day. He should have killed the asshole for terrorizing his child. "Don't worry, Zhan. Yifeng will pay for what he has done."  Yubin's words were tainted with the rage he felt and the other wolves gave off menacing vibes too indicating what was to come. Zhan had not discussed the Alpha with Yibo because he didn't want that bastard's shadow to ruin their perfect day. Yibo had also refrained from saying anything, unwilling to upset Zhan. He Di's words were true. Something good had come out of the entire fiasco but Zhan wasn't blind to the fact that this would have been his worst nightmare if Yibo hadn't come for him in time. Yifeng's intention had been to rape him and if Yibo hadn't rescued him, Zhan would have died fighting Yifeng off because there was no chance in hell Zhan would let the man touch him. "Don't be upset. It isn't good for your little one", A-Qing advised softly to which Zhan nodded. Yibo came back into the room with a much calmer Yuan and Zhan sat with Yuan on his lap when the child asked Zhan to hug him. "Dad said you have a surprise for me", the boy said with a small sniffle and Zhan looked to Yibo who encouraged him to tell Yuan the news. "You will soon have a younger brother or sister", Zhan said gently patting his abdomen and saw the boy's eyes widen with amazement. "Really? I..I want ten brothers!!"  "You sure have big plans, A-Yuan", Hedi laughed with the others and Yuan pouted. "Can I have one sister then? Please? Just one. I promise I will take care of her and give her all my dinosaurs."  A chorus of "aww" rang in the room and Yibo pulled Yuan to him kissing the boy's head. "If Yuan eats all of his vegetables at time...maybe he will get a little sister."  "Why should I eat them? Firecracker should eat those to stay healthy. I will give him my portion too", the boy retorted with a sweet face and Rong snorted out a chuckle from behind Yibo. "This boy is too smart, Yibo. He will outsmart us all with the way he is going." Yibo just had a fond look on his face as Yuan walked to Zhan and began to caress his father's belly. Everyone stood smiling while Yuan talked to his little sister, promising her that he will be a good brother and protect her always. Zhan had a broad smile on his face and all the Lan wolves surrounded him once again telling Zhan the do's and do not's and Yibo moved away when his phone buzzed.

"Is he doing okay?", Yibo heard Xize's voice from the other end and Yibo relayed whatever had happened in the last few hours. "Wow, Yibo. I will come personally to give you guys my wishes", said the vamp and Yibo hummed an answer.  "What about the Alpha?", Wu Xize asked and Yibo's body turned to ice as wrath enveloped his heart. "He will meet his doom tomorrow", Yibo spat through gritted teeth and Xize gave him a hum of approval.  "Good. Make him bleed, Wang Yibo."  "I will do worse", Yibo promised and felt arms curl around his waist. "Are you pissing my Yibo off, fang boy?", Zhan spoke and the vampire's heightened senses picked the voice. "It's you who is pissing me off by getting yourself in danger yet again, Omega. You do realize that if something goes wrong your mate will make life miserable for others, don't you? I  have always known Omegas to be kind and selfless. Where did you get this one from, Wang Yibo?"  "And you do realize that if you make Yibo's pregnant and kind Omega angry, Yibo will hurt you, don't you? I have always thought vampires were smart but you proved me wrong, leech."  Zhan smirked at the silence from the other end and soon a beep sounded.  "You made my friend hang up on me", Yibo teased and Zhan grunted. "He was making you angry. I don't like that." Zhan turned Yibo to him and met his Alpha's gaze with a questioning one. "What are you going to do to him?", Zhan asked softly and  Yibo palmed his stomach shaking his head. "You don't need to think about that. You just focus on  yourself and our pup."  "Tell me, Yibo", Zhan warned and Yibo relented to Zhan's demand. "Hurt him. Kill him. He won't live past tomorrow", came the cold, detached response and Zhan gulped the lump in his throat feeling uneasy. It could be his nerves because of what had happened these days or it could be his Alpha instincts that were more protective than ever but Zhan really didn't want Yibo to put himself in danger. "You know I have to do this", Yibo whispered palming Zhan's cheek and a defeated sigh left Zhan. "I know. What he did can't be ignored. It isn't just me...he hurt my son and injured my pack enforcer. The only thing I regret is that I can't kill him."  Zhan's jaw hardened as anger bled into his eyes and Yibo saw Zhan's gaze turn harder. "I want to be there, Yibo. I need to see life drain from his eyes... only then I will be able to get rid of my anger. Don't ask me to stay back." "But you are-"  "I won't sit back, Wang Yibo. I will give you two options. Either you let me see you rip him to shreds or I do it with my own hands. The choice is yours."