48.Wang Ai...

Four months later...

"Where. Is. He?", growled Wang Yibo and the Lan pack members quaked in their boots hearing the venom in their Alpha's voice. A pained hiss came again and Yibo's cold, golden eyes transformed into black pools of concern as he looked at his mate. "Hold on, firecracker. He is coming. Just one more minute." Zhan nodded and Yibo wiped the sweat beading on Zhan's head, holding Zhan's hand tight. Zhan cried out in pain again and the Lan members flinched at the chilling growl that left their Alpha's throat. "I was clear he wasn't to take a step out of Lan territory. WHY THE FUCK IS HE NOT HERE?" "Yi...Yibo, calm down", Zhan urged and Yibo dropped a kiss to the dark head, trying to smile. "I am calm, firecracker. I am fucking calm! If I wasn't, there would be blood and broken bones of these assholes scattered in the house. I am freaking fucking calm!!!!" "No. You aren't and seeing you panicking isn't good for Zhan, Yibo. He can sense everything through your bond remember?" , reasoned Haikuan and Yibo's eyes widened in fear. He looked to Zhan apologies spewing from his mouth and Zhan tried to smile in reassurance. "I will be calm. Sorry. Sorry, baby." Zhan's eyes squeezed shut when pain hit him again and a scream tore through his throat, so loud that Yibo completely lost it. "I will fucking kill each and everyone of you if you don't bring Li Xiao here. Fucking piece of-" "I AM HERE!!!!", yelled Li Xiao coming into the room and if Yibo didn't need this man to bring his daughter into the world, Yibo would have ripped the fucker's throat out. The doctor ignored the killer glares and scowls directed his way and Zi Yi and one of his other colleagues Chu Yan rounded Zhan's bed to check up on him. "Oh Shit! Hurts!", Zhan hissed and Yibo glared at the doctors who in his view were doing fucking nothing while his mate was in pain. Zi Yi checked Zhan's vitals and nodded her head making the decision. "It's time. I'll get everything ready, A-Xiao. A-Yan you get the antiemetics and spinal block. Yibo,ummm...you need to step out." A growl ripped from Yibo's throat and Xuan and Haikuan immediately came to surround Yibo before he lost his temper. "My mate is in pain and you want me to leave him?" "Let them do their work, Yibo. It's best if you step out." "I. Am. Staying." "Yibo... Zhan's condition is fragile we can't have him deliver the baby normally. We will have to perform a surgery. You are already on edge seeing Zhan in pain and smelling Zhan's blood will make things worse. We can't risk you losing it." "I am staying", said the Lan Alpha again, his words ringing with finality and Zi Yi was ready to reason with the Alpha when a growl came from behind them. "You either let him stay or fucking throw him out of here, I don't give a shit. But, if you don't help me right now, I am going to rip you all apart." Zhan's eyes gleamed amber with the threat and Yibo knew his firecracker would follow through with his words. Everyone got to work and deciding that Yibo was not going to budge, the others let him stay.

"Oh hell. I can't feel anything!", Zhan whisper-yelled and Yibo had the urge to smile but seeing his firecracker on the bed and Li Xiao approaching Zhan's lower half with sharp, dangerous looking tools, he didn't. "Is he going to cut me open?", Zhan spoke again in a whisper and Yibo was pretty sure the doctor was smiling behind the mask he was wearing. "He has to do it to get our daughter. And why are you talking in a hushed voice, firecracker? They can still hear you." "I will talk the way I want, Wang Yibo. First you put me in this condition and now I can't even talk the way I want? If it bothers you, you can leave! For the record, if you dare to step out of this room, I will break both of your legs after I bite your head off." The sentence was barely above a whisper but the words did cause Yibo to stiffen. Yibo had no idea what had happened. It was as if a switch had flipped in Zhan's head and his fiery Omega who was trying to calm him down an hour ago was now breathing fire. There was Zhan's fear that Yibo had felt thrum in their bond and he had assured Zhan that nothing would happen, that there was no need to be afraid but Zhan hadn't reacted the way he had expected. "Me? Afraid? Why would I be afraid? I have had months to prepare myself. I have dealt with the morning sickness, God-awful mood swings and waddling like a penguin for the last weeks. Why the hell would I be afraid that these three people are going to cut me open and I might possibly shit myself out of sheer terror?" Yep. That was it. Yibo had steered cleared of calling Zhan afraid after that or plain talking. He liked his head too much and wasn't ready to get another earful from his mate. He held his mate's hand in a death grip and tried not to wince when Zhan was on the verge of breaking his fingers.