INFERNO| 5

If I was heated earlier, I am burning now. My legs are firmly against his thighs. I am utterly shocked.

I say nothing. I only stare as he takes strands of my damp hair in his fingers and toys with it. He leans in smelling me.

He lowly says, "Werewolves can smell things such as arousal quite easily," he leans closer, "What exactly were you thinking back there?"

I was thinking about his proposition, but I honestly was consumed with memories of Maddox, and this man smelled it off me. He smelled my arousal and took it as a response to his offer.

I swallow. He eyes my movement. He licks his lips. I look down, but it does not help because I can see how my thighs encircle him. I quickly look up, flustered. His eyes are still a midnight shade.

I do not answer his question. I couldn't, at least not truthfully. The situation has my brain muffled.

His hands move up and down my arms in taunting strokes. It's not right. Everything is too quick, yet something about it is inescapable.

He continues, "You don't have to say it. I can smell it."

As in, I am still aroused. How could I not be?

I mean I don't know this man, but I would have to be blind not to acknowledge he is a fine specimen. Not to mention this strange pull I have toward him.

"Zain, we shouldn't," I try to say confidently.

"Seeing you fluster has me wanting to make you do all types of faces for me," he coos.

I bite my lip.

"You also have that nasty habit of biting these," he leads his hand to my face and thumbs my bottom lip.

I release it from my teeth. My mouth is slightly ajar from the physical contact. Subtle sparks fly through me.

"Should I help you fact-check again," he asks but did not give me the time to answer.

Before I knew it, he had my bottom lip in between his teeth ever so gently. I stay still as a rock. My eyes are wide at what is happening. He releases my lip to slightly suck on it.

He leans back to see my face. I could not have been any redder. I am sure of it.

My eyes go from his eyes to his lips, quivering. I take a deep breath. He holds my head in between his hands.

"You don't have to be shy with me. I will be your husband. I told you I wanted something real," he says tenderly.

He rubs my cheek, then releases my face. He runs one of his hands up and down my arm again.

"It's weird. I smell your arousal, or a better word is sense it, but I can't smell you. You don't have an aroma coming from you," he muses.

"I took a shower," I reply.

He laughs, "That would not matter. Everyone has a distinct smell, but not you."

I do not know what to do with that.

"Is that a problem?"

"No, but it's confusing."

"Why?"

"Because I want an explanation as to why I feel a pull toward you."

"Other than my good looks," I joke.

He laughs, "I guess that is it."

I see his attention snag on my chest.

I shove him, "perv much."