PENDANT| 11

My breath hitches, "I am not a good girl."

"Oh, I know, but you can when you want to be. You were last night when you took me all in that pretty little mouth of yours," he looks back at me and thumbs my bottom lip.

The heat rushes throughout my body. I want to nip at him and allow him to see how much more of a good girl I can be. But I can't.

Yesterday, I did not think things wisely and now we are at a disadvantage. We can't even leave if we wanted to. I can't let him think he has all the cards. I will let him keep wanting even if it cost me a good time.

He rushed us. I won't.

Everyone in his pack can smell I am somewhat his. They see the mark on me, so they probably have figured we have not laid together.

They might think our status can change, and I see that as a benefit. I want them to get used to the idea of me, to slowly like me. Then, when they have accepted me and feel like their opinion matters, I will complete the process with Zain.

I will help them see the good in vampires. I decided to let my mark do the work. Although I know what I must do, it's hard to go through with it when he is so near me. So, I picture him releasing me, and he does.

I step back. He looks surprised but not upset.

"How does it work," he asks, amazed at his lack of contact with me.

"I told you. If I do not want you to touch me, then you won't."

"So, you thought it, and poof I dropped my hands. What makes me think you can't control me?"

"I can't do that. It strictly works for me and you. Each time you touch me, I can simply think yes or no. Your hands were on me, so I decided that I no longer wanted them."

"That complicates things."

"Because now you need to be given consent," I ask amused.

He rolls his eyes and smirks those soft lips to the side, "No, but you don't strike me as the kind that likes to admit when they are wrong. You'll find out sooner than you think that you die for my touch. I think it will be hard for you to accept. You might as well end this little charm, that way when I touch you, you can blame this thing we have on me."

He thinks highly of himself. I puff air between my lips, pretending like what he said does not strike a nerve.

"Listen, alpha, if I want to touch you," I get closer, and run my hands along his chest.

I feel my hands vibrate when he releases a deep growl. I look up at him and catch his midnight eyes. I keep moving my hands down his torso.

"Then, ill touch you. No remorse," my hands linger by his pants, hovering.

He tries to step closer, but I smile sweetly and don't allow it. His face was a pained one.

"So, don't worry about me. I take what I want when I want," I lean into him, my hand playing with his jean waistband.

"What do you want now," he says with a voice so low it rumbles throughout my body.

"Now, I want," I get on my tippy toes to meet his face.

My hand palms him this time. He stays still and allows me to explore him.

I say into his lips again, "Now, I want," I make sure my lips do not touch him.

His hot breath heats me, "Take what you want."

I smirk, palm him some more, and finally finish, "Now, I want to go find my crew."