Chapter 11 PULSE Tangrowth

After arriving at the entrance of Obsidia Park, they find Victoria and Florinia waiting for them.

Victoria: I'm glad you were able to find her, Ash! I totally got caught up dealing with those guys in the slums... Asked a lot of questions- didn't get a whole lot of helpful answers.

Amaria: Sorry to have held you all up! Though, hey, haven't I seen you around before? It must've been a while ago, but you were an underclassman at the Onyx Trainers' School, right?

Florinia: Correct. Victoria Marlow, former specialty battle student. Now withdrawn.

Victoria: ...Yeah. I, uh, decided pretty quickly that it wasn't for me. I do better with a more hands-on approach... I guess. Apophyll Academy just felt better. I was kind of hoping you wouldn't remember me...

Florinia: It is the head instructor's duty to be firmly acquainted with the institution's student body. But this speaker is simply stating the facts; no judgment is implied.

Amaria: Sure, school life isn't for everyone! As long as you're happy where you are now!

Victoria: (Blushes a little) Yeah. I am. By the way, Ash. You mentioned being in Reborn when you were little, right?

Ash: Yeah, according to my mom, we left when we are seven. And I don't think I have been to either school before.

Amaria: It's fine. You might have better education in other regions.

Florinia: (Turns to Amaria) Report.

Amaria: (Knows what she means) No luck on finding Borealis, unfortunately. Someone with his description was definitely seen entering the slums, but I couldn't find anything from there. I even checked as far as Coral, but nothing. If he was in the area, I think it's too late by now.

Florinia: Understood. As presented, the most efficient course of the investigation remains a direct exploration of the affected area. With the given four parties present, safety should be adequately accounted for.

Amaria: Basically we charge right in and see what's up! I'm all for it. On your call, Rini!

Florinia: (Turns to Ash) This speaker understands that you have successfully obtained the Machine for Cut. Let us proceed when ready.

Ash nods as he has his Pokemon use Cut on the tree that blocks the entrance, and then they all head inside together.

When they get inside Obsidia Park, they find that it is much bigger than normal, and the overgrown plants have made this a maze.

Victoria: It looks so much bigger on the inside...

Florinia: Perception is inherently subjective to and thus influenced by those parts to which it is relative and adjacent.

Amaria: Yep! (Turns to Ash) Whatever that means, but, yep! This place has been sectioned off quite a bit...But we're all well-equipped here! What do you say we split up and hunt for whatever's caused all this? Even if something happens, it's not like we'll be too far apart!

Victoria: That's fine with me. I'm sure we can handle it. And if something does happen, how big can this place really be? I'm sure we can call the others over quickly enough.

Florinia: Affirmative. As leaders, Amaria and this speaker should take the path most likely to encounter hostile resistance- the center. Supporting parties should begin by securing the perimeter of the area. Should confounding elements appear, inform this speaker posthaste.