Chapter 120 Victory Road Part 1

When they get outside, they see Solaris standing in front of them, much to their surprise.

Solaris: Stand down, I said, "It is over." "No," The others said, As they turned traitorous tail into that sacred mine. (Turns to Ash and the others) Our purpose is bastardized. They speak only of what they gain from the blasphemous notion of the New World. Where is our family? I turned my back to my allies so that I might have dealt with you, and next I knew, there was a knife in it.

Solaris sends out Garchomp, and from the looks of it, Ash knows he is going for the kill once more.

Solaris: It is for that reason that I must do this. Garchomp, execute! All who oppose Team Meteor must be silenced.

But it turns out, Garchomp just rushes past them and charges at Lin, who is actually behind them this whole time, but Lin seems to block the attack like it is nothing.

Solaris: ...Even those from within the "Team" itself.

Lin: Too little, too late.

Solaris: What manner of devil are you that neither tooth nor nail may stay your cantankerous blight?

Lin: I am inevitability. None are permitted to interfere.

Solaris: Life does not wait around for permission, girl. Neither does death. Your treason has not gone unnoticed, and your comeuppance will not be forgone.

Lin: Incorrect.

Solaris: Cry in protest all you want; I will show you how little you understand.

Just then, Ash, Serena, and Lillie are sent flying to the wall after Lin and Solaris' battle. When they wake up, they are shocked to see what happened. Solaris is dead on the ground, much to their shock.

Serena: Did Lin just...kill him?

Ash: Even though he tried to kill me a lot of times...I didn't want him dead as well...

But there's nothing they can do to revive Solaris, so in the end, they decide to call Delia and the others to send the body of Solaris away, while they decide to continue further on the Victory Road. Before that, they are also tasked by a Spirit Hunter to collect 25 wandering spirits in the Victory Road, much to their surprise, but they decide to do it.

After getting inside Victory Road, they have found a Strength Puzzle, and they decide to solve it until they hear a voice.

?: Ash! Look out!

Just then, an Icicle Crash appears on top of them, and they quickly jump out of the way.

Serena: Who's doing that?

Ash notices that in the distance, there is Sirius, Blake, and Fern, Aya is still being dragged by Sirius.

Fern: Nice miss.

Blake: Thanks, I learned from you. Sirius, consider trying to keep your brat's mouth shut.

Sirius: Consider focusing on your own task.

Blake: Hmph. Hey, zipper-lips, I know you think you're real cool and all making it this far, but newsflash- The only people you've had to face so far has been the team's gutter trash. Zero was already fired, that Terra girl was a joke in the first place, and the Doctor had less of a spine than most Ekans do.

Fern: Even beating gutter trash is a fluke. Ash couldn't skill himself out of a wet paper bag. And if you gotta a problem with me saying so, then come up here and prove otherwise.