Chapter 67 Agate Circus Gym Battle 1

As Ash's tenth Gym battle begins, he has Reuniclus set up the Trick Room first. Hariyama goes for Knock Off, which deals a lot of damage.

Ash: Use Hammer Arm!

When the move is used, Ash is shocked to see that the machine deems the power as weak, which doesn't seem to deal a lot of damage to Hariyama. Hariyama, on the other hand, goes for Heavy Slam, and he gets OK. But in the end, Hariyama is defeated by Reuniclus' Psychic attack.

The second Pokemon is Lucario, and it goes for Swords Dance to boost its power, and then it lands a Meteor Mash, with the Powerful, Reuniclus is defeated, but at the same time, the Trick Room ends, and Ash decides to send out Rhyperior as his second Pokemon

Ash: Rhyperior! Let's not get Lucario some time to attack! Use Earthquake!

When Rhyperior goes for the attack, Lucario tries to attack with Brick Break. However, much to Ash's delight, the Earthquake is deemed OVER 9000, and it instantly defeat Lucario in the end.

Samson: You just got lucky with that power. (Sends out Hawlucha)

Hawlucha goes for Flying Press, also getting over 9000, and knocks out Rhyperior. Ash then decides to go with Braviary for this battle. Both of them yell Acrobatics at the same time, and both of them deal a lot of damage to each other. They are also surprised when they also have their Pokemon use Roost at the same time. But even though they have been doing the same thing, Ash decides to change by having Braviary go for Aerial Ace, knocking out Hawlucha in the end.

The fourth Pokemon for Samson is Blaziken, and it goes for Protect when Braviary goes for Acrobatics, and because of the Speed Boost, Blaziken lands the Brick Break first and knocks it out because of the POWERFUL Field effect. Ash goes for Malamar, since he is going for Trick Room, causing Blaziken to get slower and slower during these turns.

Ash: Looks like I'm using your Speed Boost to my advantage. Use Psychic!

Samson flinches as his Blaziken is then defeated by the hit, and he can only send out his fifth Pokemon, a Mienshao. Mienshao goes for Poison Jab, causing Malamar to get poisoned, but Malamar goes for Psychic attack to deal more damage, but it is defeated by Acrobatics.

Ash: Looks like Acrobatics is a move that he likes to use as well...

Ash goes for Archeops next, since he is going to lower the damage as much as possible, and it goes for Earthquake, getting another OVER 9000 to defeat the Mienshao before it can go for U-Turn.

Samson: No sweat. I've been in worse positions. (Sends out Conkeldurr)

Conkeldurr goes for Bulk Up, and then Drain Punch, with the ability Guts, all he gets is OVER 9000 and Archeops is defeated in the end. Ash decides to go with his final Pokemon: Pikachu. Ash knows that Conkeldurr is a good Pokemon, but the advantage is that Pikachu's speed is faster than it, and it goes for Iron Tail, also landing a Powerful. Before it can go for Drain Punch, Ash has Pikachu use Thunderbolt to make it paralyzed and then finishes with Gigavolt Havoc.

Samson: (Recalls Conkeldurr) Tch. This isn't the worst thing I've lost.

Ringmaster: And there you have it, folks! Ash is the victor!

Samson: Chewed up and spit out. Good game, Ash.

Ash: Thanks.

Ringmaster: For Ash, one braaand-new Strike Badge!

Ash is surprised to get a badge from the Ringmaster, but it is his tenth badge and it is shaped like a star.

Ringmaster: The Strike Badge grants its holder the much-sought-after ability to use the Machine Surf! And for those of you itching to challenge Samson or our other Leaders of the Agate Ace Triumvirate... Just find those Battle Passes! Thanks for coming, everybody!