Chapter 122 Victory Road Part 3

Now Ash, Serena, and Lillie notice that the place they're linked to is four caves: Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, and Amethyst.

Serena: Those really are the colors of the same keys that Team Meteor wants...

Ash: Speaking of those four keys...I don't think Team Meteor have their hands on those items. Heather has the Ruby Ring, Anna has the Amethyst Pendant, Bennett and Laura have the Sapphire Bracelets, and Elias has the Emerald Brooch...now that I've thought about it, they are the current Elite Four members...

Lillie: Have you thought about the strategy to beat them yet?

Ash: Not yet, but I'm going for my strongest Pokemon: Pikachu, Charizard, Sceptile, Greninja, Garchomp, and Lucario. Because I have to win this, no matter what.

Serena: It would be better if you use your full team for this battle because it is important.

Since they can only go to Ruby Cave and Sapphire Cave, they decide to go to Ruby Cave first. The road further down is blocked, but when Ash activates the Ruby Crystal, the Rock Climb spots just changed, much to their surprise. And following the path, they get to Amethyst Cave. But just as he activates the Amethyst Crystal, nothing happened.

Lillie: Is that supposed to do something?

Ash: Back in Iolia Valley, it changed the path...but I guess there is no path for us to change here...

After leaving the Amethyst Cave, they decide to move the first Strength puzzle to open the first gate, and they go to Sapphire Cave next, after activating the Sapphire Crystal, they find the ice puzzle has a small solid ground so that they won't be slipped on that tile. And after getting to the Emerald Cave, by activating the Emerald Crystal, the green rocks become breakable, so that they can get out and do the final Strength puzzle.

After finishing the puzzle and opens the gate, they find themselves climbing higher and higher, as the road isn't going to stop, but after getting into another cave, Ash is delighted to see Hardy with his father.

Ash: Dad! You're safe!

Radomus: (Smiles) It would seem so. (Turns back to Hardy) And for the record, while I still maintain that I am at least as young at heart as the next wayward Trainer, This terrain alone does not need your help to remind me of my age. I blush to admit that I'm still parked here only for lack of breath.

Hardy: Huh, ain't you got your Pokémon helpin' you out?

Radomus: As it turns out, there are not too many Psychic types that would learn Rock Climb... Nevertheless, we'll get there.

Ash: Dad, if you're tired, we can help you out. We wouldn't want you to pull your back out...

Radomus: Just how old do you think I am... Incidentally, I don't suppose you have a sense of whereabouts we are here? I slid down further than I would like to admit, and I've been a bit lost in direction.

Serena: I have no idea, but wherever it is, we're probably off the grid, maybe we can use that to our advantage?

Radomus: I did see Meteor has set up quite the encampment.

Hardy: With any luck, we'll come out in a spot we can hit 'em from!

Radomus: Hmm... To that end, I may have an idea.

Lillie: Really? Please tell us.

Radomus: It takes a bit of a sore neck to notice it from that room, but there is a large stalactite hanging some way above where they've set up. I believe it could be convinced to meet them.