Chapter 53 Abducted Gardevoir

Cain decides to go with his Alolan Muk in the battle with Ash as the first Pokemon, and Ash decides to go with Gastrodon.

Ash: (Thinks) So this is the Chess Field...I have to be careful...

Muk goes for Gunk Shot, which slams into Gastrodon and causes it to get poisoned, but Ash has Gastrodon goes for Mud Bomb, which is dodged by the Minimize. Then Muk goes for Power-Up Punch, but it is blocked by Gastrodon's Water Pulse, which also causes the Pokemon to get confused. In the end, Gastrodon defeats Muk with Earth Power.

Radomus: Ash sure is strong when he battles...

Delia: I agree.

Cain's second Pokemon is Primarina, and it is listed as a Bishop, which causes Special Attack and Attack boost on the field. It goes for Sparkling Aria, knocking out Gastrodon, so Ash goes with Florges. Much to Ash's delight, Florges was in the last spot of the party, which means that it is a Queen. It overrides all roles and gains Defense and Special Defense.

Ash: Use Psychic!

But when Florges goes with the attack, the chess piece also moves as it slams into Primarina, much to their surprise. Florges goes for Solar Beam, and the attack causes Primarina to faint in the end.

Cain's third Pokemon is Alolan Marowak, and it is listed as a Rook. It goes for Shadow Bone, but Florges dodges the attack and goes for another Psychic, which damages Marowak a lot because of the Rock Type damage. Marowak goes for Will-o-Wisp, causing the Pokemon to get burned, but then it is defeated by Florges' Psychic again.

Ash: Good thing that the queen is dominating the board...but I have to switch out now...

When Cain's fourth Pokemon is Meowstic, Ash switches into Pikachu to battle.

Cain: (Notices the Pikachu by Ash's side) That isn't Pikachu, right?

Both Pokemon are listed as knights, as all the attacks they use are treated as priority moves. Meowstic goes for Psychic, and the Pikachu turns out to be a Zoroark in disguise. Zoroark goes for Feint Attack, which is boosted because of the field effect, and Meowstic quickly sets up the Light Screen and Charge Beam the Pokemon, hoping to raise the Special Attack, but in the end, a Flamethrower is capable of knocking the Pokemon out.

The fifth Pokemon is Mimikyu, and it goes for Play Rough to defeat Zoroark, but Zoroark manages to break the disguise ability first. Ash goes for Pikachu to battle, and it slams an Iron Tail on Mimikyu, causing it to be in pain. And in the end, it defeats the Pokemon with Thunderbolt.

Cain: You always seem to overwhelm me~ (Sends out Nidoking)

The final Pokemon is Nidoking, and it is the Queen piece, while watching the battle, Luna notices something as she leaves, unknown to Delia or Radomus. Nidoking goes for Earthquake, which dominates the board and deals a lot of damage to Pikachu, but Pikachu goes for Quick Attack and then Iron Tail, eventually knocking out the Pokemon in the end.

Cain: 's cool, I can wait my turn. Just don't keep me on edge too long~ (Recalls Pokemon and sighs) Uhhh, wow! I'll be honest, I wasn't sure half of what was going on in that battle... Guess I'll have to read up on how this arena works? Soften him up for me in the meantime, yeah~?

Radomus: Oh? Do you not believe you can best me yourself?

Before Cain can say anything, Luna rushes back to the room, it is then that they realize that Luna wasn't with them.

Luna: Excuse me, Master? Is Miss Gardevoir with you? I cannot find her anywhere.

Radomus: (Raises an eyebrow) I thought she was with you.