Chapter 23 Lapis Gym Battle

After leaving the orphanage, Ash calls his mother to ask about the adoption process.

Delia: I'm sorry, Ash. But the adoption process isn't ready yet. Ame is already pushing the staff.

Ash: I see, there is something I want to ask as well. Painter and Fantasia...I think I might have found them.

Delia: (Widens her eyes) Are you sure it is those two? Did they have a Cleffa doll and a Jirachi?

Ash: They do, and Fantasia also has an Amethyst Pendant, that's why Team Meteor killed us, right?

Delia: (Covers her mouth with tears) Where are they? Are they safe?

Ash: They are at Dr. Sigmund Connal's Orphanage...they told me that both of their parents are killed...they didn't know we are still alive.

Delia: Why didn't you tell them?

Ash decides to reveal what they told him, about Dr. Connal and use Electric Pokemon to shock them. Delia is horrified, and she is also trembling with anger.

Delia: If I charge into the orphanage and asks for them, then it will reveal to Team Meteor that I'm alive. So here's what you need to do, find a chance and bring them out of the orphanage.

Ash: But won't we break the law? I mean, they aren't 18 years old.

Delia: Sigmund already broke the law by using Electric shocks on them. So I'm sure that the authorities will stand by your side.

Ash: Okay, right now, I'm going to get my third badge. After that, I'll think of a way to bring them out.

Delia nods as they end the call, and Ash rushes to the gym to tell the news.

Cal: (Finds Ash) You're back. Any news?

Ash: Yes, Doctor Sigmund will come by soon.

Victoria: A doctor will come by later? That's probably best...

Shelly: A d-doctor...? Am I sick...?

Victoria: Oh, honey- not sick, no. We just want to make sure you're holding up okay.

Ash: And I also have a message for you as well. Shelly, you have to remember, rather than feeling sad for yourself, you have to think about helping the one who's most hurt by what happened.

Shelly: "Help the one who's hurt most?" That's right. What am I even c-complaining about...? Heather's the one who lost her dad... I need to find her...

Victoria: (Quickly stops her by pushing her to the chair) Honey, no. What you need to do is stay right here and rest.

Shelly: N-no, I think- I think I'd rather be doing something...Rather than sitting here and d-dwelling on it...

Ash: And besides, Heather's mother is good friends with my mother, and they promise that my mom will be Heather's godmother. So now that Heather's parents are gone, my Mom decided to adopt her.

Victoria: Wow, that's nice of you...

Ash: So you don't need to worry about Heather not having a family, we can give her one.

Shelly: (Nods) I'll- I'll call Heather. We have kind of a signal... If I use my Pokémon to send an Air Slash up into the sky... Um, she should come by... If she sees it. I'll send the signal out, and then... (Turns to Ash) Ash, you're a League challenger, right? Did you want to have a Gym Battle?