Sisters Before Misters

"For the last time Heidi I'm not wearing this!"

Heidi, hair being pinned in a high bun, casted her ruby eyes towards the complaining human. She saw no reason why the human girl was complaining with her attire. The girl was stunning, more than capable of turning heads under the right instructors tutoring and that what Heidi decided to be for her.

The girl turned in the mirror, her hands attempting to tug the hem of her mini dress over her thighs while trying to pull the A-line over her chest. She didn't feel confident, she felt vulnerable, a piece of meat on display for the world to see.

"My father would have another heart attack if he saw his youngest daughter dressed like this!" The girl whined, "I look like a two dollar hooker!!"

Heidi rolled her eyes as she sauntered over to the girl. "Sweet pea," she cooed smacking the girls hands away from the dress, "You are 18, a grown adult who can dress however she wishes."

The girl turned her gaze  back to her reflection, regret being the only thing she could think of. All her life she had never dressed in this manner, always just dressed in pants and loose shirts she stole from her father and her baby brother Seth, not once did she wear a dress. Not even to her father's funeral did she wear one, instead opting for a black suit. She had always felt flawed, unworthy of attention, and how much she was overshadowed by her overachieving siblings.

She was the middle child, easily forgettable when compared to her genius confident sister and soccer star of a younger brother. She had come to terms with that long ago and she maintained her status of being invisible.

The youngest of the Clearwater daughters huffed, puffing her cheeks. "You need to start being comfortable in your own skin, Jazz."

Jazz chewed on her lip, "I don't know, Heidi." she carefully spoke, "You know most of the advice you give is to get men."

"Honey," Heidi softly said stroking the girls arms, "I'm not giving you the advice 'to get a man,' I'm giving you the advice so you can be confident in yourself."

"But the dress-"

"-I thought you would look amazing in it, I never met to make you uncomfortable."

She sighed and looked at her reflection once more. "I don't think I'm ready for this yet, she admitted hanging her head in shame.

Heidi lifted her chin. "That's fine honey, we can take baby steps to the dress and work on your confidence and self image. Go change."

The girl nodded and scurried away to change into her sweatpants and a hoody. A knock resounded at the door pulling Heidi towards it. The enchantress opened it revealing a flower welding Demetri who undressed Heidi with his eyes.

"Ready for our date?" He asked with a award-winning smile.

Heidi looked back to the girl emerging from the bathroom who was tugging the strings on the hood tight around her head. She watched as the girl plopped down on the couch her arms pulling her legs to her chest and eyes focused on the TV.

"Actually," Heidi said, turning back to the tracker, "I going to need a raincheck, I have someone that needs my attention more."

Before Demetri could argue with the enchantress the door was closed in his face. Heidi had removed the pins, letting her auburn hair fall. Jazz looked over puzzled as Heidi stole a set of Jazz's pajamas, removed her well sculpted makeup, and sat next to her, tv remote in hand.

"What do you want to watch tonight?" Heidi asked.

Jazz looked at the door and back at Heidi. "What about Demi-"

"Sometimes, it's better to spend time with friends and watch tv than go out."

Jazz smiled and dropped her knees. "Wanna watch the cutest platonic friendship in the world?"

Heidi smiled and cued up Criminal Minds. "I will admit Derek and Gracia are so cute."

The two fell into a comfortable silence watching the episode as if there was nothing else in the world that was better than that moment.