The Right Choice Pt. 3

"Marcus," Cassidy giggled, "where are you taking me?"

Marcus looked back at the girl. "My art studio," he explained, "I have a surprise for you."

Cassidy followed, turning corners and laughing as Marcus picked her up and carried her up a flight of stairs. Marcus didn't release Cassidy.

"Hold on tight."

"Wha-AH!" Cassidy wrapped her arms around the king's neck as Marcus used his speed to get them to his studio faster.

"Are you alright?" Marcus asked as he set Cassidy down and smoothed down her hair.

"I'm fine," Cassidy answered, slightly breathless.

His eyes traveled over Cassidy, truly making sure she was fine. Cassidy grabbed the doorhandles and looked up at her date.

"Are we going to stand out here all night or do I get my surprise?"

Marcus smiled and opened the doors. Cassidy made her way into the room and gasped. There on the far wall stood a canvas that was half the length of the wall itself. The canvas was wrapped in a golden frame but it wasn't the ship of the frame that took her breath away.

The painting was of Cassidy in the library, sitting at the bay window with the sunlight highlighting her frame and a gentle smile on her face as she turned the page.

"You..." Cassidy whispered as she came to a stop in front of the painting, "You painted me?"

Marcus stood in silence behind Cassidy as she inspected the painting further, her fingers gingerly traced the frame.

"Why?"

"I wanted to capture your beauty..." He explained, nervously twirling his fingers, "You have been the muse for many of my latest works..."

Cassidy turned to Marcus, her expression unreadable.

"I hope I didn't offend-"

"-Marcus, you could never offend me."

Cassidy smiled and took Marcus's hands into hers. Marcus watched as Cassidy moved towards him, stood on her tiptoes and kissed his cheek.

"No one has ever used me as their muse..." Cassidy said softly.

Marcus tightened his hold slightly onto Cassidy. "Then they were foolish."

Cassidy blushed and tilting her head up to Marcus. Marcus bent his head  down, his eyes drifting to her rosey lips and back up to her eyes.

"Kiss me..." Cassidy whispered.

Marcus wasted no time, his lips capturing hers. As soon as their lips connected, Marcus knew he would never want another woman's lips to touch his.

"NO!"

Marcus and Cassidy jumped away from each other and turned to the door to see a pained Felix.

"Felix, is there-" Marcus began.

"-Step away from her!" Felix growled.

Marcus moved in front of Cassidy, shielding her from the rage-shaking Felix. "Felix, this doesn't concern you."

"Step. Away. From. Her."

Marcus squared his shoulders. "No."

Cassidy rounded Marcus and stood between the two. "Enough, both of you, I'm choking on the testosterone!"

Felix turned his attention to the girl and back at the master who was claiming her heart for himself.

"You dumped me for Renata!" Cassidy yelled, "And you know what I'm happy you did!"

Felix faltered and Cassidy continued, "I got to have an amazing night with an amazing guy! And you know what, I wouldn't mind if I went on another date with Marcus!"

"You would?!" Both men asked in unison.

Cassidy turned to Marcus, forgetting about Felix like she did since the beginning of the evening. "Yeah, why wouldn't I?"

Marcus felt his heart soar. "How about next Saturday? Demetri has told me about a bistro nearby."

"I'd love to go!" Cassidy gushed.

Felix watched in horror as Marcus wrapped an arm around Cassidy's waist and they left the studio, planning their date for next week.

Time went on, dates made and kept. Felix watched as Cassidy became a permanent fixture by Marcus's side, even having a throne by his. Soon enough she had moved into the kings side of the castle and been introduced to Aro and Caius's wives. Felix was forced to watch as Cassidy Swan became Cassidy Volturi, the newest queen and later mother of Prince Silas.

All because Felix had decided he didn't want to be a laughing stock by being seen with a human.