Nine Lives Pt. 2

Requested by vampirechild88

Where once sat three cats now sat three kings.

"You and your mother are terrible at magic," Caius growled.

Maria scoffed, "In my defense, I'm still learning, I don't know what my mothers problem is."

Aro had left the two to argue, his attention drawn away from the ensuing battle that could result Caius being into something less cuddly than a cat. He moved over to the table, his curiosity had bested him once more as he analyzed the contents of the spell book.

Each page felt thick, much like papyrus, and the pages bound together with rusted wire. The feeling of the book unsettled Aro. To be in the mere presence of the book was to be near pure evil Aro concluded. 

"Maria?"

"Hmm?"

Aro turned to the witch in training. "Has your mother ever used this book?"

Maria thought for a moment. "Not that I'm aware of," she answered truthfully, "but if mom has it, it must belong to my family."

Aro raised an eyebrow. Maria continued, "Spell books, spells, and cauldrons typically get passed from one generation of witches to the next."

Maria looked down at the book and at her now bandaged finger, one little question remaining for the young witch. Who was the family member who made this book? She scooped up the book, holding it to her chest. She may not have liked how the book looked but it did have the spell she needed to save the masters.

She wished the masters a good day as she left, opening the book to another spell that peaked her interest. She was eager to learn from this strange book of spells. Only If only she knew that with every spell cast from the book it took a little bit of her soul with it, distorting her into power hungry fiend that would stop at nothing to be the strongest witch in the world.