What's To Come Pt. 2

Requested by LilianDeVil  and homefreegirl93

Turbulent, that would be the most suitable word to use for describing the last eight months since Emily's near-death experience. The whole Volturi, coven and guards alike, were beyond unnerved by the event, even more so after the twins were nearly kidnapped the following week. 

The queen, their mother, was the most unnerved. She had taken it upon herself to secure the castle more than Aro ever could in his forever paranoid state. 

Servants were ordered to wear badges with their names and faces on them. All entry points into the castle were made code accessible or fingerprint enabled. The queen had even gone as far as to pull Emily from private school and begin paying private tutors for her daughters educations. 

"Mom," Emily sighed,  "you really don't have to do this. It was a simple mistake."

The mother of three paused mid-interrogation. "Yes, I do," she replied curtly before turning back to the terrified human.

The queen resumed her monologue. "In a matter of a week, you have managed to go against everything I have set out in rules to be obeyed by everyone in this castle. What do you have to say for your actions?"

Alonzo, the latest in the string of gardeners that had been employed, dropped to his knees with tears in his eyes. "Your Majesty, I meant no harm," Alonzo sniffled, "please, have mercy."

The queen looked to the two guards on either side of the gardener and gave a curt nod."Get rid of him."

Emily turned away, her eyes closed tight but nothing could drown out Alonzo's pleading and life coming to an end in terrified screams. She turned back just in time to see Renata discarding Alonzo's corpse down the manhole in the center of the room as Mele wiped her mouth of Alonzo's blood.

The queen took her seat once more, not once feeling a tiny bit guilty for her actions. There was no changing her mind, she would protect her daughters at all cost.

"I'm going to my room," Emily said.

She rose with some struggle, using her cane and Alec's arm for support. Her mom watched as her daughter took slow deliberate steps down the stairs and across the room.

"I'll be up in a moment to help you wash your hair, Sweetheart."

Emily tried not to roll her eyes. "Thanks mom."

Alec walked slowly, keeping one hand on the small of Emily's back. Emily tried not letting her discomfort show but her pain medications had reached their end the long she stood or even moved.

"Would you like for me to carry you?" Alec asked, already beginning to move in to scoop up the princess.

"I got it," Emily forced a smile that looked more like a wince, "thank you though."

Alec nodded before continuing to walk to Emily's chambers.

Once they had arrived, Emily limped her way over to the couch and flopped down. Alec had come back from her bathroom, glass of water in one hand and her pain pills in the other.

"Here."

Emily gave a breathy 'thank you' before taking the pills. She reclined back onto the plush throw pillows on her little couch, waiting for her pills to take effect.

"Is there anything else I could assist with?" Alec asked as he draped a blanket over Emily.

"Could I bother you for some Mac & Cheese?"

Alec smiled as he bowed. "I'll be back in a moment."

Emily joked, "I'll be here."

Alec left in a blur as Emily relaxed. Soon though, her eyes had grown heavy, a feeling she was uncommon with from her medication.

"Alec," she slurred.

Emily tried to rise from her spot only to tumble onto the floor unable to control her body. There was brief fear as her vision began to fade and her body felt heavier. The last thing she remembered seeing was the faint blurry outline of her bedroom door before all went black.