Kitten Pt. 3

Requested by iloveslashers

Caius kept looking at the paper in his hands and back at a smiling Muse and Jane. The angered king growled, showing his displeasure with the situation.

"How did you even meet my wife?" He asked after a moment of silence.

"It was by accident," Muse lied not wanting to get Jane and Marcus in trouble.

"And she saw the fur ball?"

"He's not a fur ball, his name is Jinx."

Caius ran a hand over his face, his patience reaching it's end. "He's covered in fur! He's a fur ball."

"And you're in your 3,000s but I don't call you an old man."

Caius sighed and held the bridge of his nose. As much as he wanted to get rid of the cat, he didn't want to be the man to cause his wife despair over such a trivial matter. He turned back watching as Marcus placed a small green collar with a bell on it.

"There," Marcus chuckled as he scratched behind the kittens ear, "that will hold until we can get him proper identification."

Muse gave a small thanks, her attention directed to her furry little companion. "You look so handsome with your lil collar!"

Jinx gave a purr of delight as he and his owner left the room. Alec had kept scooting towards the door until finally he just left the room wanting to see the kitty. Marcus moved back to his throne casting a smirk at his annoyed brother.

"Caius, you may actually like the kitten."

"I highly doubt that," Caius mumbled as he sulked back to his spot.

If only the king knew that in a few months time he would be one of the main caretakers of Jinx and value the times that Jinx deem him worthy of being his bed for naps.