Savior Pt. 2

Requested by dreamikaelson

"She hates me," Alec said as he threw himself down onto the couch in his sisters room.

Jane had very little time to move her knitting as her brother rested his head on her lap. She considered for the second time that week to lock her bedroom doors. She should've been used to her brothers melodramatic love life by this point, especially since the last eleven months all he had done was complain about how his mate Annalisa would reject every advantage he threw her way.

"I wonder why," Jane sassed, smacking his forehead before shoving his head off her lap and returned to knitting the shawl for Annalisa.

Alec sat up, rubbing his forehead. "It's not like I saved her," he grumbled, "That alone should give me some kind of reward."

Jane stopped knitting. "A reward?" She glared her twin, "A stupid reward?!"

Alec flinched at his sisters elevated voice. "Here's a news flash brother, women are not prizes to be won!"

"That's not-"

Jane stood now towering over her brother. "-'Not what you meant?' Is that how you were going to finish that sentence?"

Alec nodded. "Then you are dumber than you look dear Brother." Alec tried to interrupt only for a look from Jane to silence him. "Have you ever tried looking at the fucked up situation from her point of view?"

Jane paced around the sitting room. "Lets start at the beginning. The girl is brought on what was supposed to be a once in a lifetime vacation, flew nearly 14 hours to come to this pathetic excuse of a town and what?" She let out a bitter laugh, "End up as the sole survivor of not only what was supposed to be our lunch but of her family as well!"

Alec went to speak only for Jane to continue her monologue. "Oh, and to top it all off, now she's a prisoner and one of her capturers always trying to get in her pants. Can't you see it?" She asked, "The poor girl is traumatized and you're no help with all your attempts at flirtation!"

"I never saw it that way..." Alec said after a moment of thought.

"Men typically don't."

Alec shot a glare at his sister. "How do I remedy this?" Jane shrugged and Alec left. 

He walked aimlessly, or so he thought, down the halls and staircases. It was only when he turned to take the next set of stairs did he notice where he was. Her side of the castle. He was turning to leave when a voice called out to him.

"Alec?"

He turned. There stood his mate, Annalisa Johnson or AJ as some in the castle called her, at the top of the stairs. She hid mostly behind one of the pillars of the staircase. Alec took an unintended step on the next stair only for her to take a step back.

"It's late," Alec commented taking a step back to give her space. "Shouldn't you be asleep?"

Annalisa shook her head but didn't reclaim her previous spot. "I couldn't."

"Why not?"

Annalisa fumbled for answer her hands twisting in the skirt of her dress. "Um...the meteor shower..."

Alec raised an eyebrow and Annalisa rambled on. "I...I was trying to see the shower from my...from my window but I couldn't so-"

"-So you came to the hall to see if you could see them from one of the balconies?"

Annalisa nodded. Alec chuckled, "Did you get to see them?"

"No..."

"We have an astronomy tower in the west wing," Alec stated, "You could have a better chance of seeing the meteors from there."