Perfect To Me

Requested by vrncastly

Weeping could be heard from behind the closed doors of the closet. Alec sat with his back on the door, twiddling his thumbs. 

"Your Grace," Alec called out, hoping Y/n could hear him through the thick wooden doors, "may I please come in?"

A woeful voice replied, "No."

Alec sighed and laid his head against the door. He truly didn't understand what could make Y/n leave the boutique in such a hurry or why Y/n refused to leave the confines of  the closet but he did have the understanding there was only one person on this earth who could remedy what hurt Y/n. 

So, the guard waited for his sister to come back with said person.

Soon enough, Jane had come back with Marcus in tow, who was worried and slightly panicked. "Where's Y/n?" the king asked, crossing the room in long strides and his robes bellowing behind him. 

Alec directed a thumb behind him to the closet doors. "In there."

Marcus tried the door, only for it not to budge. "It's locked from the inside," Alec said.

Marcus fought the urge to say something on the sarcastic side of comments to the guard he valued almost as much as the little gold band that sat on both his and his mates left hand. "You two may leave," Marcus said instead, "I can handle it from here."

"Yes Master," the twins replied in unison both leaving in a blur. 

Marcus turned his undivided attention to the door and knocked. "Tesoro mio, may I come in?"

A moment of silence followed. "Why?" came the muffled voice from beyond the door.

Marcus thought for a moment. He knew how much Y/n hated being seen in moments of weakness, or heavens forbid, a moment of vulnerability so he had to be careful on how he managed to get into the closet. 

"I had a blood bag spill onto my shirt," he lied, "I need a new one."

The soft click of the lock releasing was a triumph for Marcus. A hand from within the shared closet held out a black button-up shirt. Instead Marcus latched onto the and yanked Y/n into his arms. Y/n yelped as they collided into their husband and they landed onto the floor together.

"Marcus!" Y/n yelled, sitting up and noticing the lack of blood on Marcus's clothing, "You liar!"

Marcus smiled softly. "I needed a way to get you out of the closet."

Y/n tried to smack the king's chest only for Marcus to latch onto Y/n's hands. Both stayed like that for a moment until Marcus finally worked up the courage to ask.

"Why were you crying?" He asked softly, releasing one of his mates hands to tuck a strand of hair behind Y/n's ear.

"I wasn't."

"Look who's the liar now."

Y/n stuck out their tongue and looked away. "I'm fine you don't need to worry. You can go back to work."

Marcus sighed and sat up, resituating both himself and his lover easily. Y/n tensed as Marcus lifted them, the unkind words of the saleslady coming back with a vengeance making Y/n get off of Marcus's lap in haste.

"Cuore mio?" Marcus called softly.

Y/n didn't reply making Marcus reach out and grab them. "Cuore mio, what's wrong?" Marcus asked again, "Did I hurt you?"

Tears blurred Y/n's field of vision, threatening to spill at any given moment. "My love?" Marcus asked again.

Y/n sniffled, "What do you see when you look at me?"

Marcus gave his head a quick shake. "What?"

"What do you see when you look at me?" Y/n asked again.

Marcus thought for a moment before he wrapped his arms around his mate and pulled Y/n closer. "I see beauty that makes my breath away," he answered giving a kiss to Y/n's neck, "I see your intelligence when you beat Caius at chess."

Y/n looked up at Marcus as he continued on his mini lecture. "I see your kindness that knows no bounds and your love for me that I fear at times I cannot match."

Y/n smiled softly. "And your smile that lights up a room."

"You don't see my....fat?" Y/n asked softly.

"Fat?" Marcus asked while raising an eyebrow.

Y/n nodded and pinched a small piece of fat between her thumb and pointer finger. Marcus gently took Y/n's hands into his own and brought them up to his lips for a kiss.

"Amante mio," Marcus began, "I don't care if you're fat or skinny, if you have long or short hair, shave your hair off for all I care!  Wear makeup or don't. I love you for you and everything that you are and I always will."

"Marc-"

"-Even the goddess Aphrodite had love handles and that didn't make her any less attractive. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and in my eyes you will always be the most radiant creature in the room."

Y/n wiped away the stray tears that had begun to fall and hugged Marcus. Marcus had his arms around Y/n's waist only to let them travel lower and give Y/n's butt a gentle squeeze.

"Marcus!" Y/n giggled as they smacked his hand away.

Marcus chuckled and gave another playful squeeze before picking Y/n up and taking them to their bed, planning on making Y/n forget about any ill notion that they had about their beauty or weight.