Chapter 8

TW: violence, death

***

Jasmine watches in slight shock as the person in Marc's body kills everyone on him. Leaving them on the floor in a bloody puddle. Then his eyes roll back in his head and just from the expression on his face Jasmine can tell Steven is back.

"No" Khonshu says exasperated, "the idiots back"

Steven looks as confused as ever. Looking around him, he holds his hands up. "Sorry" he says, only to look at his right hand which is covered in blood and also holding the now blood covered scarab.

"Oh god" he says. The crowd is starting to close in on Steven, everyone in shock at what just happened. "I'm just gonna... gonna go alright?" He says, turning around. He begins to run away but he quickly stops seeing the crowd of armed people running for him.

"I see you're angry. I know I've made you angry. I'm sorry, yeah?" He says. Jasmine almost laughs at how polite he is but quickly goes to his aid as he gets cut off by two people coming down an alleyway.

Jasmine knocks out one of the guys before they're able to get to Steven who in his panic doesn't even notice her. But Arthur does. Steven goes running again, jumping in to a pink cupcake van.

Jasmine hears the engine start and panics, not wanting to be left here alone.

"Don't you dare drop to scarab" Khonshu says.

"That's my van! That's my van!" A man shouts, banging on the side of it as Steven starts driving away.

Jasmine quickly runs after the van, jumping just as Steven goes too quick for her to catch up with. She only just manages to grab the handle, almost flying off the back when Steven sharply turns a corner. She pulls herself back up as Steven goes speeding out of the village, she tries opening the door.Finding them locked, she sends a small beam of blue magic into it, hearing the lock pop open.

She pulls open the door, swinging herself inside and closing the door behind her. Almost tripping over boxes of cupcakes as she makes her way to the front. She's almost made it there when a cupcake hits her square in the face, thanks to the curtesy of Steven.

"Steven!" Jasmine shouts, wiping icing off her eye. She hears Osiris laughing.

"Oh my god Jasmine! I am so sorry! I thought you were one of those guys! Why are you here?" He says, panicking even more now.

"I can't believe you just hit me in the face with a cupcake! It's going to go all crusty and everything now" she complains, scooping the excess of her face and throwing it on the ground, it makes a splat noise as it hits the ground. "You almost left me too"

"I'm so sorry. Sorry. Here" he says, holding a napkin back to her that he grabbed from the glove compartment. Jasmine takes it from his hand, climbing over into the front seat and sitting down with a thud.

"Go up the hill, the cars up there we can escape in. Can't steal that poor guys van" Jasmine says, wiping cupcake from her face.

"I'm actually so sorry"

"Better be" Jasmine replies.

"Why are you here?" He asks, still panicked.

"Could ask you the same thing" she says, hoping she got the last of the icing off. "Is it all off?"

"Erm" he says, glancing over at her as he goes speeding up the cliff. "There's a little bit, there" he motions to his chin.

Jasmine wipes her chin, "no no, up a bit. No down a bit, let me get it" he says. Reaching over, still glancing between Jasmine and the road.