Chapter 14

TW:

***

Arthur walks in, everyone watching him carefully as he does so. A glare coming from both Jasmine and Marc.

"As I see by the presence of Khonshu's avatar, the purposes of our meeting must be nefarious" he says, the familiar rattle of broken glass as he walks over to stand beside Marc. Jasmine wonders where is comes from. Surely he doesn't put it in his shoes?

"You know exactly why we are here!" Marc suddenly blurts out, or Khonshu rather.

"I must admit, I do not miss the sound of that voice" Arthur replies. "But speak, to the point"

"Do you not seek to unleash Ammit from her tomb?"

"I was in the desert" Arthur tells them, "but if visiting the sands were a crime the line would be longer than the nile"

"Lies are not tolerated in this chamber" Jasmine says, "you should know that, Arthur"

"Lie I do not. Khonshu has searched for Ammit's tomb since he ensnared me to his service" Arthur starts, "his vision is blurred by jealousy-"

"He is a deceiver!" Marc struggles to get out. His hands going onto his knees as he takes deep breaths. Jasmine places her hand on his back, letting him know it's okay. She briefly remembers the first time she was in here. The sensation is a strange one.

"Do not trust the word of a shamed god" Arthur says.

"Then trust mine" Jasmine says, taking a step forward.

"Khonshu is unhinged, somehow convincing Osiris to go along with his games and their are servants unwell" Arthur says. Jasmine and Marc both glance at each other, then back at Arthur.

"How do you mean?" Yatzil asks.

"This is a man who literally does not know his own name" he starts. "He has a passport under the name Marc Spector and employment records under the name Steven Grant"

"Lair!" Khonshu calls out.

"I've seen him speak to himself. Threaten himself"

"Stop" Marc says, his voicing cracking partway through.

"I have no idea how many personalities he must possess. Osiris's avatar has had her mind toyed with, broken down and rebuilt. She's been under control her whole life and knows nothing of freedom. Her mind been manipulated so many times she struggles to even think for herself. They are clearly insane!" Arthur says.

Jasmine's mouth parts slightly at his last statement as Marc, or Khonshu, Jasmine isn't sure who it is, but they go to punch Arthur.

Selim grabs Marc's wrist with the magic of his God, shoving it behind him and forcing Marc to his knees.

"Violence is not tolerated in this chamber" he says, letting go of Marc.

Marc, whose now bent over on his knees, looks up.

"Yep" he says quietly.

"It brings me no pleasure to tell you this is a deeply troubled man. Khonshu is taking advantage of him. The same way he abused me" Arthur says, he isn't wrong about that. "The way he aspires to abuse this court. Take action now before it's too late"

"Let us speak to Marc Spector" a man says.

Marc then falls froward, onto his elbows. He slowly pulls himself back up.

"Are you unwell?"

Marc looks over at Jasmine who looks down at him with her lips turned downwards slightly.