Chapter 15

TW: violence, gore

***

With their tour on the back of a camel coming to an end, both of them having enjoyed themselves more than they thought, the camel begins to lay down to let them off it's back. Both Jasmine and Marc rode on the same camel, he is a big guy with two humps and named Harold. A very original name, although Jasmine can see why they picked it.

He really does look like a Harold. She thinks it's the eyes, although Marc disagrees and thinks it's the natural frown on his face.

Jasmine slides off the side of him, landing perfectly on her feet before tuning around to Marc who appears to be struggling. Seeing it coming, but deciding to do nothing about it. Jasmine watches as Marc falls flat on his stomach, getting a mouthful of sand after getting his foot stuck while dismounting the camel.

She bursts out laughing, as do other people around them. Marc looks up, his face now covered with sand but the frown and embarrassment very obvious.

"Honestly, you can effortlessly fight your way out of an entire group of grown adults, but you can't dismount a camel without face planting" Jasmine says, stood there amused.

"You're awful" Marc says, getting up and brushing off his clothes. He then brushes down his face.

Jasmine walks over to him, an amused grin still plastered upon her face as she reaches up to Marc. Wiping the remaining sand from the places he missed. Mainly his hair.

She chuckles seeing his still unamused face, "I do-" she stops herself mid sentence.

"You do?" Marc says, raising an eyebrow. He looks as if he wants her to say it, but she doesn't.

"I do" she replies, pecking his lips with a smile. "We better go catch our boat" she says.

"I almost forgot about that" he replies.

"How I wish we could" she replies with an almost sad smile before beginning to walk back towards the town, Marc right behind her.

- - -

They both sit on a boat, travelling on the river through the city heading straight for Mogarts. The sky is darkening, lit up by the city lights. The air has cooled considerably, making Jasmine glad she put a jacket on.

The boat they sit on has quiet music playing in the background, the lights casting a purple glow over everyone. Jasmine and Marc sit at the very front of the boat facing one another. A group of about 8 people all sat further down.

Jasmine looks out, looking at the reflection of the moon against the water when Marc speaks up.

"So what exactly are we doing here?" Marc asks, bringing himself back from admiring the shimmer of hope in Jasmine's eyes as she looks out.

Jasmine looks over at him, staying leant against the side of the boat. "I told you, just go in, talk to the guy and get what we need from the sarcophagus"

"That simple?"

"Should be" Jasmine replies, "as long as you don't decide to go it alone. Again"

They both recall the many, many occasions where Marc hasn't listened to Jasmine and gone it alone for reasons unknown to her, and he's always managed to make it harder for everyone involved.

"You know Marc" she says, "you can talk to me. Tell me things. What it's like for you. I may have magic but mind reading isn't one of them. I want to help you Marc, with Steven. With everything. But I can't unless you talk to me"

He looks out over the water before speaking up again. "I had it under control until very recently" he says.

"What happened?" Jasmine asks.