Chapter 31

TW:

***

On the way back to the hotel, Jasmine holds a small conversation with all three of them. Everyone aware of their surroundings, just in case. Jasmine doesn't think they'll attack again, they don't like to risk exposing themselves like that. But there's always a possibility.

She talks to Jake mainly, getting to know him a bit better. He's a lot more forward than the other two, very blunt with a dark sense of humour. Marc has a dark sense of humour and Steven has the tendency to make jokes at dark times, but Jake's humour is a lot darker than theirs. It's even worse than Jasmine's, which she didn't think was possible since some of the things she's blurted out has left Marc and Steven in a bit of shock.

However, she gets on with him well. Conversation flowing between them effortlessly, just like it does with Marc and Steven. Although it's quite funny to watch Jake, Marc and Steven almost fight over talking to Jasmine. They all seem to be jealous of each other, trying their best to outdo each other. She lets them get on with it, trying her best not to laugh.

She's glad Marc and Steven seem to be adapting to this change well, she makes a mental note to talk with them about it. Make sure they are okay.

When they do arrive back at the room, they soon discover neither of them have the key.

"I thought you had it" Jasmine says, looking at Marc.

"You said you were gonna grab it" Marc protests.

"I swear she said for us to grab it" Steven adds.

"Thank you, Steven" Jasmine smiles.

"Well then why didn't you grab it?" Marc says to Steven.

"Actually yeah" Jasmine says, pulling a face.

"God you all talk to much" Jake says. In the same moment, he kicks the door in. The thing swings open, bouncing off the wall and a loud crack sounding down the hall.

"Jake!" Jasmine almost shouts out of shock.

"What?" He replies innocently.

"We could have just gone and got another key, you know!" Steven replies, sounding a little stressed.

"That would take too long" Jake answers.

"We're gonna have to pay for that now if it's broke" Marc says, sounding annoyed.

"Your money" Jake shrugs.

"Erm, my money is your money" Marc points out.

"You're all idiots. Actual idiots" Jasmine says, shaking her head and walking into the room. Inspecting the damage done. There's a handle shaped hole in the wall. She motions to it with an unamused face and Jake just smiles. Proud of his work while she rolls her eyes and heads to the table. Placing down the take-away bag they picked up from one of the Sokovian take-aways that's still standing.

She sees the cupboard slightly ajar, guessing the people who stole the book left it open.

"God I can't wait to try this. It smells delicious" Steven says, closing his eyes as he breaths in the scent.

Jasmine smiles a little, opening the bag.

"It tastes just as good as it smells, darling, I can assure you that" she says, handing him one of the tubs. "God I've missed my home food"

They sit on the sofa, switching on a comedy to watch on the TV while they eat. Jasmine savours every flavour, missing the old tastes of her homeland and reminiscing on old memories. Steven, Marc and Jake seem to be enjoying it as well which makes her feel better about this whole thing.