Chapter 18

TW: gore

***

When they get there, it's obvious there's nobody here. There's cars left open, tents left standing and there's even two camels waiting. Everyone must have gone into the tomb.

"Hello" Steven says to the camels. They both stop, looking at the obvious entrance to the tomb.

"Check for supplies" Jasmine says, knowing they'll probably need to top up. It also looks like they'll need some way to get down that tunnel.

Jasmine enters a tent, grabbing some of the stuff she thinks she'll need. She puts two flares in her bag, along with strapping a torch to her belt and a knife she found. Then to her delight, she finds a small box with harnesses inside. Grabbing two of them for herself and Steven to use to get down the hole.

As she leaves her tent, she hears Steven talking to someone. By the way he mentions her name, she guessed he's arguing with Marc over something. Then he comes out the tent, smiling at her as she gives him a small smile back. Motioning for them to head over to the hole.

When they get there, they both look down. It's pretty dark down there but the light shows enough for them to know it's an entrance to a tomb.

"Right then, we'll put these on, lower ourselves down and then we're in" Jasmine says, handing one of the harnesses to Steven as she pulls one on herself. Fastening it around her hips and waist. "I don't know what we'll find down there so we better be careful" she says, tightening the last strap.

She looks up at Steven whose still trying to figure out which way round is the right way around for the harness.

"Here" Jasmine says, stepping closer to him and taking it from his hands. Steven watches her as she puts in the right way around and then bends down. One knee on the floor.

"Step into it" she instructs. Steven does as she says and she begins to pull it up his leg, being very close to him.

"I have to say, I feel like I've been waiting for this my whole life" Steven says. Just as Jasmine reaches the top of his legs, fastening it tighter around his thighs. She looks up at him. "The adventure I mean" he says, realising as she stands up with a smile on her face.

"I know" she says, standing only a few inches off his body as she tightens the straps on his hips. "We always want what we never had" she says, looking up at him. His hair now pushed back off his forehead.

She stares at him for a few moments, being this close she can smell him. And he smells exactly like Marc. "You smell like him" she blurts out, immediately regretting it. "I mean, why wouldn't you. Right?"

Steven nods a little, still staring back at her. Jasmine smiles a little, moving slightly closer to him. She's about to lean into him when he speaks up.

"You know Marc's trying to protect you when he leaves you alone" he suddenly says. "He wants to keep you safe"

Jasmine backs up a little. "Why are you telling me this, Steven?" Jasmine asks, pretending to double check her straps even though she knows they're tight enough.

"I'm not sure really. Just thought you deserved to know" he says, watching her intently.

"Well I don't need protecting. I can protect myself just fine" she says, picking up the clip. Stepping closer to Steven again to enable her to clip it onto his harness. "What I need from him is honestly" she says.

"I get that" Steven replies.

"That's more of a you thing though, isn't it?" She says. Tightening the harness, her hand brushing over his crotch which seems to make him panic as she tightens it some more.