Chapter 20

TW: violence, gore, death

***

The hallway feels like it goes on forever, Jasmine almost being taken out a few times by booby traps that seem to soaring out of nowhere. She's lucky she has a good reaction time.

By time she's reached what appears to be another doorway, she just feels angry. Angry and upset, from what Arthur said, from how Marc's been acting and from this situation in a whole.

As she walks through the doorway, she recognises she's in the part where the actual pharaoh must be. Especially since Steven is stood up by the mummy of whichever pharaoh it may be.

Steven notices her, his face lighting up. But Jasmine's face just stays void of emotion as she slowly walks in. Stepping over the water. The anger and sadness towards Marc only increasing seeing his face, even though Steven is fronting.

Steven smiles, his arm going up in the air with Ammit's ushabti in his hand.

"Jasmine, look. We won" he says. Jasmine knows she should be happy. Trying so hard to force herself to smile but it just doesn't seem to work. Steven seems so happy, a laugh coming from him as Jasmine walks out of the dark, more into the light.

"I had to go digging down old Alexander the Great's gullet, but I found it" Steven says, looking back and pointing at the open sarcophagus behind him as he walks down the few steps. Getting closer to Jasmine as she comes out in front of him.

Jasmine steps over the water, onto the same platform as Steven just on the steps below him.

Steven's face seems to drop as he pays attention to her face. "Are you alright, love?" He says.

Something in Jasmine just ticks. His nickname for her causing her heart to hurt enough to enable her to speak.

"Can he hear me?" Jasmine asks. Trying to keep her voice calm, because after all Steven is not the problem.

"Alexander? I don't think so. God, I really hope not" he says with a chuckle.

"I need to speak to him, Steven" Jasmine says, walking up the steps so she's level with Steven. She feels like a ticking time bomb.

"What?" Steven says, a little confused.

"I need to speak to Marc" Jasmine demands.

"I...erm..." he stammers.

"What are you hiding from me?" Jasmine says, taking a step closer. "What are you hiding from me Marc?!" She shouts.

Steven's face changes slightly, his eyes rolling up a little. Seemingly empty for a few moments before he returns. Now it's Marc that stands in front of her.

"Come on lets go" Marc says, grabbing Jasmine's arm to try pull her with him but Jasmine strands her ground.

"No Marc" she says.

"We have to go, right now" Marc says, pulling her harder.

"Talk to me for god sake!" She shouts, yanking her arm from Marc's grip. Making him stumble back slightly.

"Listen to me" he says, "we need to leave right now. I will explain everything, I swear. But we have to go"

Jasmine takes a step back, shaking her head and an almost psychotic laugh coming from her.

"What did you do Marc?" Jasmine says, "you kill someone? You killed my parents or something and won't tell me becasue your scared?" She says tauntingly. She hates herself even more for it.

"Of course not!" He says, "of course I didn't"

Jasmine looks him straight in the eye. "Then what is it you're not telling me?"