Chapter 9

"So Harry, we hear you have a new lady in your life?" The interviewer asks.

Harry grins and looks directly at me.

"Yeah, she's pretty amazing." I smile back and for a minute it's almost like all of it is real. But that's wishful thinking and I know it's just for show.

"Oh, is that her?" The interviewer looks at me and I viciously shake my head. "Bring her up here." I start backing away from the cameras and Harry just smiles warmly.

"She's just a little nervous. This is the first time we're being introduced as a couple." He gets up and I glare at him. I specifically told him not to do this. It's easier and it lasts longer if we don't announce it right away. I feign embarrassment and he wraps an arm around my waist that I'm sure looks gentle and loving but is really forceful, almost dragging me up to the couch with the rest of the boys. "This is Blake." He says and grins at me.

He sits me on his lap and I smile shyly at the cameras.

"So Blake, didn't you just get out of a relationship?" It's the million dollar question.

You mess this up and the story falls to pieces.

"Well, technically. I dated Charles Cumberland for two years."

The interviewer nods in understanding.

"The model. He's very good looking." I chuckle. "What happened? You seem to have moved on very quickly."

"Well, I didn't see Charles all that much in the last six months and it was like we weren't even there. I'm a singer and I met Liam actually while working on my album. I initially liked him but when he introduced me to Harry all bets were off."

I feel a peck on my cheek and a blush rise quickly. "We became really good friends and I realized that Harry had what I was missing. It's not that I didn't like Charles it's just that Harry and I both sing and we get along more. "

"So can we expect any duets soon?" She asks intrigued.

"Maybe we can get Niall in on the next twitcam to play guitar for us."

"I play guitar." I tell him quickly but blush when I realize I said it out loud.

"Really? I didn't know that." he acts excited but I can't tell if Harry is angry that I'm improvising.

To be honest he's not the best actor and he talks really slow so it's difficult to keep up.

The interview ends quicker than I thought it would leaning heavily on Liam, Niall, and Louis.

Zayn stays quiet for the most part.

Harry plays with my fingers for a big part of it. His hands are extremely soft compared to my calloused ones. Between fighting and guitar they're scarred and ugly.

It makes me feel self-conscious.

Wait, why am I feeling self-conscious with my fake boyfriend?

Because you like him.

No, I don't.

Yes you do. You know you do.

I don't.

He makes you feel special.

I'm not special. He could have any girl he wanted.

But he makes you feel loved.

I'm loved.

He makes you feel like you did with Him before-

No. I'm done. I cannot feel this way about Harry.

And right then. That's what I did. I promised myself I wouldn't fall for Harry.

I cannot love him. I promise.

But aren't promises just made meant to be broken?

---------------------------------------------

This is kind of boring but I promise it will get more exciting soon.

:)