Chapter 24

And I know this is short so, I'm not against uploading again today.

Maybe a few votes and a couple nice comments and I'll upload by noon. :)

Enjoy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"No?" I can see the regret clear I his eyes.

"I've been hurt a lot of times Harry. I need you to prove to me that I won't be broken again." I tell him.

"I promise. I promise. I promise. I will never hurt you. Ever." He says looking at me with remorse and total regret.

" I believe in second chances but you have to earn them."

"Okay. Then I will. So Blake, will you be my friend?" He says holding out his hand.

I shake it and grin slightly.

"I don't know about you but I want to check out these instruments." I say, trying to break the tension.

"Well, I don't want to brag but I play a mean kazoo." I giggle and he looks at me.

"Did you just giggle?"

"No! It was a throat spasm." I say quickly and he chuckles.

"Everyone!" He spreads his arms wide and yells, talking to the whole two of us in the room. "The Blake Sheldon just giggled!" This of course makes me giggle even more and Harry is smiling lopsidedly. He sits at one of the microphones and I pick up a really cool looking old acoustic guitar. It's obviously been used a lot and I'm sure has a bunch of history.

I sit across from him and he smiles. "Play me something?" He asks.

I start strumming the chords to Little Talks and he nods, urging me to keep going.

I sing the first line and he follows, our voices melding and getting lost in the song.

-I don't like walking around this old and empty house.

So, hold my hand I'll walk with me my dear.

The stairs creek as you sleep it's keeping me awake.

It's the house telling you to close your eyes.

Some days I can't even trust myself.

It's killing me to see you this way.

Cause though the truth may vary this ship will carry on bodies ache to sure.

There's an old voice I my head that's holding me back.

Well, tell her that I miss our little talks.

Soon, it will be over and buried with our past.

We used to play outside when were we young and full of life and full of love.

Some days I don't know if I am wrong or right.

Your mind is playing tricks on you my dear.

Cause though the truth may vary this ship will cary on bodies ache to sure.

Don't listen to a word I say.

The screams all sound the same.

And though the truth may vary this ship will sound the same bodies ache to sure.

You're gone, gone, gone away. Your wish has disappeared. All that's left is the ghost of you.

Now, we're torn, torn, torn apart. There's nothing we can do. Just let me go with me against you.