CHAPTER THREE

The stars aligned the day we met,

And not knowing, our spirits were connected.

©Oluwatoyosi.

Darasimi's POV

I had gotten used to waking up 7am on Saturdays just like any other day even though I just had to go to work, my body and mind was already programmed that way and in short, I don't like it.

 I really wish sometimes, that I could wake up 9am or just sleep in and get my much-needed rest but I guess it doesn't work that way. Looking to my side, I see my sweet daughter still sleeping soundly and Praise still sleeping comfortably on her bed, so, with a heavy sigh I pick up my bible and choosing to read on David's life, I have my morning devotion.

 I am also a very curious person, so when I start to look into something, I make sure to finish it so I don't keep thinking about it, it was the same thing with the life of David; I mean this guy was just a shepherd boy who had such close relationship with God that I envy it sometimes, I often wondered, how did he and God talk? Did they have like a secret spot where they meet? Why was he chosen amongst all other people in that kingdom to become king? These were the questions I still didn't have answers for.

After an hour and thirty minutes, I finally finish praying and decide to just start my day. Getting up from the bed, I pick up the broom to clean the room. Once I'm done and everything was neat, I enter the bathroom to brush my teeth and have my bath. Stepping out of the bathroom, I see Praise has also woken up and is also having her morning devotion; she looks up at me a bit in greeting. However, my daughter decides to just turn her body to the wall and keep on sleeping. Deciding to just wear something casual but comfortable, I pick out my ash joggers and pair it with a white top.

Once I was done, I walked to the kitchen to have breakfast. I decided to just cook yam and eggs for us all. Placing Praise's food on the table, I eat up and then wake up my daughter to brush her teeth and eat.

"Mummy, please let me sleep na" Grace whines while stretching her hands and yawning like she could eat a whole street.

"Won't you follow me to work?" I ask her still dizzy form only fir her to settle her lips in a little pout.

"Mummy, please let me stay home today. I have a lot of assignments and I am tired. Please ma" she begs with a pout on her lips.

"Let the girl stay at home na, it's not like she wants to help you do anything. Besides I'll be at home today." Praise interrupts my ready to argue thoughts. She is right.

"Fine, you can stay home but make sure you finish your assignments today. I'll be back by 7pm" I say to Grace and she just nods in affirmation and goes back to sleep. My daughter was never one of too many words, she speaks when she there is something to say and although she can be playful, she still knows her boundaries and it scares me a little because I believe at her age, she should be so carefree but I wouldn't know what people her age do because I never got to experience real childhood.

Sighing, I pack up my braids into a ponytail and put on powder and lip gloss. Satisfied with my look, I put on my sandals, pick up my bag containing my phone, charger, my course note, purse pen and earpiece. \

"Praise, I'm leaving for work" I tell her since she was done praying and now eating

"Can't you just stay home for one Saturday? You don't usually take breaks except Sundays after church" she said in a flat tone making me chuckle. I know she is always worried about me since she was the only one who knew about my past, she knows that I haven't had it pretty since secondary school.

"Yeah, and that's break enough." I reply putting my hand on her head in a petting manner only for it to be smacked off making me laugh out loud.

"At this rate you won't get to enjoy a little bit of life, will you even get a boyfriend?" she says sticking her face close to mine. I put my hand on her face and pull her away from me and run away because she hit the bed. I quickly press a kiss on my baby's head and leave.