CHAPTER FOURTEEN

I still felt so unsure about going out today which was why I have been staring at my wardrobe for the past hour. Adeyemi had called when I was in school to confirm whether I was still up for it only for Praise to collect the phone and give a confirmation on my behalf.

"You better wear clothe and stop looking like fish there" I groaned into my pillow at Praise's words.

It was past four already and Yemi was going to pick me up at5 pm. I had argued about him picking me up as I told him I could go there on my own which was a lie because I do not know the place.

I finally stood up and with Praise's help, we picked out a royal blue gown that was made with a silk royal blue fabric in the front and a blue and white Ankara material at the back. It looked like a blouse with long full sleeves, a long skirt with a ruffled slit pattern in the front, and a belt-like shape on the waist.

I had sown this gown when I wanted to go for our departmental dinner but chose not to go after. It fitted my body perfectly and brought out curves I never knew I had. I was a jean trouser and baggy tops type of person.

Once I styled the gown to my taste, I sat down in front of the mirror and packed my braids into a center-parting donut shape bun. I applied a little foundation and brown powder and styled my brows to perfection. Once done, I used nude lipstick on my lips and made them shine with lip gloss. I looked at myself in the mirror and nodded before going to wear the black wedges that I am sure I will be extremely comfortable in and placed my phone, power bank, and money into my small black handbag.

"Do I look okay?" I asked Praise while twirling for her.

"Aaaha, e ma wo omo to n dan" I smiled a little at her words and checked the time to see that it was 4:57 pm which meant that, Yemi will soon be here. (Wow, look at a beautiful girl)

"Mummy, are you going out?" Grace mumbled in her sleepy voice. She had fallen asleep while using my phone to watch a movie.

"Yes dear, but I will be home on time, okay?" she nodded, the sleep still very much in her eyes. I kissed her forehead and went to sit down.

Not even up to five minutes, I got a message from Yemi that says he was outside. With a big sigh that made Praise laugh at me before going back to look at her phone.

"Sha bring something when you're coming o" I just shook my head and went out the door.

I walked to the hostel gate and opened it to reveal a very handsome Adeyemi. I looked him up and down to see he was wearing a royal blue suit, a black turtle neck that fitted his body shape so well, black trousers, and black shoes. His hair was well cut at the edges leaving the middle full and tamed.

"You look nice," I said casually so he wouldn't notice I was staring but he smiled widely.

"You are beautiful" his husky voice sounded reassuringly firm. I stood in respect as we got to his car.

"Adeyemi, is that a 2020 Toyota Camry TRD?" my voice had not contained this much excitement in a while as I stood there gushing at the beauty of the car before me. I am not a total car freak but for anything that had to do with Camry and Ford, sign me up.

"You do know your cars," he said with a chuckle of astonishment. I slightly tapped his shoulder to indicate my serious excitement.

"I have always admired this car on the internet and to get to see one up close is like staring at an all-you-can-eat buffet" I expressed my satisfaction with the car. He opened the door and I got in, to continue admiring the interior.

"You should wait till you get to the party and then you'll see an all-you-can-eat buffet," he said with a wink making my excitement grow ten-fold.

"Then what are you waiting for? Drive" I ordered with a big smile on my face and for a moment I forgot about whom I saw yesterday.