CHAPTER SIX

You cannot erase,

the memories of the past

But you can,

keep them in a box!

©Oluwatoyosi

Darasimi's POV

Sundays were my only day offs. I literarily always sleep all day and it's the best feeling ever, so you can imagine my joy thinking about the sleep I'm gonna get once I'm back from church.

I stretched my arm to switch off my alarm clock of 7am once again and wake up Praise. She mumbles a 'leave me alone' and turns back to sleep. I leave her be for a few minutes to wake up Grace who responded quickly but groggily

"Praise, wake up its 7am and you know service starts by 8am." I say still tapping her shoulders. She turns her body to face me and opens her eyes

"Urgh, I'm so tired" she grumbles out. Yeah, I know the feeling. I've been working non-stop these past few weeks and it's going to get crazier. I just thank God that it's my final year in school.

"I'm going to have my bath first so sweep the room" I say standing up to enter the bathroom.

After brushing my teeth and having my bath, I step out of the bathroom while Grace enters next and I walk to my wardrobe to pick out my clothes. Since it was a thanksgiving Sunday, which is the first Sunday of the month of April, I pick out the latest gown I had sown for myself. It was a simple wine, yellow and navy-blue patterned round neck; that was fitted to my stomach and then flair down to my knees. Quickly putting it on, I tie my wine-colored turban and put on my wine-colored heel and then I decided to just apply brown powder and lip-gloss. Once I was satisfied with my look, I walk to my table and put in my bible, jotter, pen, purse and phone. I picked out an outfit for Grace who whore it when she came out

"We are going to Anjola's church, right?" Praise asks while putting on her shoes, while I nodded in response.

"Good, so we can buy Ugwu and water leaf, I'm craving Edikaikong soup and Eba." She says while using her hand to rub her stomach. Edikaikong is a native soup that is prepared by mixing together Ugwu leave and water leaf in a fried pepper and can be garnished with fish, ponmo (cow skin), meat, or chicken while Eba is a kind of swallow food that is made by mixing a quantity of boiled water and Garri.

"Mummy I want fufu instead" Grace said as her face lit up with a smile, yep, she was her mother's daughter. Fufu is another kind of swallow food that is made using cassava. It goes well with any kind of soup.

We finish dressing up and leave the hostel. Getting to Anjola's church which is Foursquare Church, we take our seats at the front since we were early for Sunday school. I attend The Redeemed Christian church of God, along with Praise and our service always starts with a Sunday school by 8am. I see Anjola at the choir seat section and subtly wave at her, soon Adeola joined us.

The Sunday school ended after an hour and the praise and worship commenced. We danced and sang to the praise songs, giving thanks to God for his faithfulness in our lives and when it was time for the worship, it was like the spirit of the lord just took over and we worshipped God. I was told that it was going to be a worship service but there will be a short charge so I think it already started.

After fifteen to twenty minutes of the normal praise and worship session, the worship session began and that's when I saw him, Adeyemi. He was seated behind the keyboard, wearing a Purple Senate material top and trouser. He looked as if the keyboard was where he wanted to be and as he closed his eyes to speak into the microphone, I was so shocked that he was the one who was going to minister.