Chapter Eleven

Roses are red,

Violets are blue.

We work so well together,

Like the stars and the moon.

©Oluwatoyosi

I had gotten back home so late from visiting Pastor Ayobami yesterday mainly due to the traffic on Lagos Road; which may be the reason why I was presently contemplating going back home to sleep. I was in a class that wasn't boring but sounded so boring to me because I was hungry.

"Ki lo se e?" Praise asked me in Yoruba and although she wasn't of Yoruba background because she was from Bayelsa, she has lived in Lagos for a very long time. (What's wrong with you?).

"I'm hungry" I whined out, placing my head on the table so the lecturer won't see my face.

 We were one hundred and fifteen in my department which made it almost impossible for the lecturer to focus on one person. Praise laughed silently at my predicament making me pout, this was such a serious matter.

"Mtcheew, you better sit well, and let's finish this class so we can leave. Have you finished your presentation? You know it's tomorrow, right?" she asked. She was done with hers because it wasn't the same topic we were doing. I shook my head in response.

"No, I'm not. I've started the important parts just need some finishing touches. I'm going to the shop today, so, Adeyemi and I can work on it together." I said it so casually that I didn't understand why my friend's mouth was opened in a daze.

"You and Adeyemi Coker are working together? Wait, he agreed to help you? What kind of friend are you? You didn't even tell me" She attacked me quietly and slapped my arm.

"Oow, stop joor. He's the one that insisted we do it together, you know he studied computer science and business admin and my topic  relates to the two, so, he said he can help me with some parts of it." I said it like it was no big deal even though I was silently worried about both of us together, again.

"It still doesn't change the fact that you didn't tell me you were working with, 'The Adeyemi Coker'" I smiled sheepishly at her to forgive me but she just turned her head to the other side.

"Sorry na, I didn't think it was that important. I'm sorry. What should I buy for you?" her head snapped to my side smiling wildly and I knew I brought this on myself.

"Good girl. Just buy me agba this night, that's all" she said, making me groan. 'Agba was the term we students use to call bread, egg, and sardine from a shop'. I nodded my head in agreement.

We finished the class at one pm and left. Praise went to meet her supervisor, complaining and grumbling at how hard it was to be in the final year while I went to the shop to finish up the clothes I left behind when I went for the visit. Grace was going to come to meet me in the shop when she is done with school by 3 pm.

By the time I finished working on the third gown, the door opened revealing Adeyemi, in a way I haven't seen before. He was wearing a green suit and its complimented trouser with a white inner shirt. He had a brown Rolex watch on his wrist and brown shoes. He looked like he came out of a movie and I just stared at him in awe.

"You're staring," he said with a chuckle snapping me out of my daze. What he wore complimented his skin perfectly.

"I'm sorry, you look so different. It's like you came out of an American movie." I explained my daze.

"Wow, well if you put it that way" he chuckled again while I looked him once over. He was a very handsome man, there was no doubt.

"I mean you look nice. I've never seen you in a suit" I corrected myself for him to understand making him nod his head.