CHAPTER SEVEN

If we concentrate on the present, happiness is sure to come because

Life is the moment we are living right now.

Oluwatoyosi

Darasimi's POV

I have always wondered how my life would have turned out if, just if my parents were not the way they were, if we could have been a loving family, would I be happy, would I have had to work at such a young age?

We had just finished Trade union law class again and I didn't even know when I zoned out, the class is boring like that. It's been a week since I last spoke to Adeyemi, let's just say I have been avoiding him. I don't like confrontations especially when it's about me. He had texted my phone off just telling me that he doesn't expect me to explain and that he doesn't judge me and that there is a reason for everything and all that but I never could reply mostly because I didn't know what to say.

"I'm going to meet my supervisor. I just hope she is eating this time" I was snapped out of my zone when I heard what Praise said with a solemn look on her face showing that she didn't actually want to go

"Why do you want her to be eating?" I asked confused and surprised at how she was so tired, she had slept all through the night for 10 hours straight.

"So, she would take it easy with me and maybe share her food, I'm hungry but I know if I don't go straight to her office, I'd be late and she won't want to see me again" I laughed at her explanation but understood. Some supervisors were wolves in sheep clothing, they look so nice and gentle on the outside but they were wicked set of breeds.

"Oh okay, I have to go buy some materials for the dresses I want to sow, and hopefully complete chapter 2 of my project. I can't wait to finish school" She tiredly nods at my words

"Okay, I'll see you at home. If you get home before me, just know that the lion has taken over and cook" I laugh at her dramatic behavior and wave my goodbye. Taking out my earpiece, I play the music 'Stand by you' by Rascal flatts. Since where I was going to get the material was at school gate I decide to walk and then take a bike straight to my shop. When Adeyemi's texts got so much that he even called me to which I didn't answer, I went online and searched about him and just like Praise had said, they only have a handful of information on him meaning he values his privacy however I did see that he has been singing since he was 18, that is so cool. I didn't see myself as a worker in church, I just wanted to do my thing with God but lately I've been feeling like it's not enough, like I'm missing out a huge part of me. Still in my thoughts I didn't see a car pull up in front of me until I hit it.

"Oow" I gasped out holding my knee that hit the car. I rubbed it and then raised my head to see if anyone had noticed that only to connect my head with someone's jaw, when did this person bend down

"Ahh, my head" I screamed out lightly while rubbing my forehead, still startled that someone was close to me and I didn't notice. I stepped back and looked up again still holding my forehead in pain to see none other than Adeyemi, holding his jaw with a pained look.

"Are you okay?" He asked but I was still looking at him. He was wearing black trousers and a white shirt of which its arms were folded up to his elbow and his hair was neatly packed to the back with a few stands falling. I snapped out of my one second admiration.

"Yeah, I'm fine, are you okay? I'm sorry, I didn't see you or the car" I respond putting my hands inside my pockets once the pain had reduced. I was wearing a white round necked top tucked into a green flare skirt that had pockets on each side, and paired it with black sandals. Why am I suddenly nervous?

"I'm fine. I was calling out your name but you looked zoned out so I parked in front of you, I didn't know you'd walk into the car, I'm sorry" he explained.